Monday, August 1st “DCI Huntington” …Joan C. Edwards Stadium @ Marshall University Huntington, WEST VIRGINIA

“DCI Huntington”Joan C. Edwards Stadium @ Marshall University      Huntington, WEST VIRGINIA     Monday, August 1sth ..7:30 PMET

Cloudy early with scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 86F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Thunderstorms likely. Potential for severe thunderstorms. Low 69F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
“Projected” weather    
                7:00 PM ET   Thunderstorms   78F Temp   83F Heat index    61% chance of rain     .04 in    81% humidity   8 MPH .SW
                                              Monday, August 1st   10:15 AM ET ALT  FORECAST        RADAR

Joan C. Edwards Stadium @ Marshall University    
LOCATION/MAP
… Home of Marshall University’s ‘Thundering Herd’
2001  3rd Ave
Huntington, West Virginia 25703

TICKETS

Monday, August 1st
Competition START:
  7:30 PM ...  EASTERN                 New York              Huntington, WEST VIRGINIA    Atlanta
…  6:30 PM ...  Central…                  Chicago …..          Houston
  5:30 PM ...  Mountain ...             Denver
  4:30 PM ...  Pacific ...                  LA
SCORES Announced:
10:04 PM ... EASTERN..               New York               Huntington, WEST VIRGINIA      Atlanta
  9:04 PM ... Central ..                  Chicago            Houston
  8:04 PM ... Mountain ...             Denver
  7:04 PM ... Pacific ...                  LA

United States Time Zone Map

LINE UP:
All times ET and subject to change
  7:30 PM … Welcome & National Anthem
  7:40 PM … Gold – San Diego, CA    
  7:57 PM … Legends – Kalamazoo, MI           
  8:14 PM … Pacific Crest – Diamond Bar, CA   
  8:31 PM … … Intermission …
  8:48 PM Blue Knights – Denver, CO
  9:05 PM … Colts – Dubuque, IA          
  9:22 PM … Phantom Regiment – Rockford, IL
  9:39 PM … Encore by Phantom Regiment – Rockford, IL
10:04 PM … Scores Announced              

FloMarching     None for TONIGHT’s SHOW
Tuesday, August 2nd                          6:30 PM                
DCI Annapolis                                      Annapolis, MD
Wednesday, August 3rd                      8:00 PM                
Soaring Sounds                                   Centerville, OH
Friday, August 5th                              7:00 PM                
DCI Eastern Classic                            Allentown, PA
Saturday, August 6th                          6:30 PM                 DCI Eastern Classic                            Allentown, PA      

RECAPS
7/31  NightBEAT                                                          Winston-Salem, NC               Courtesy of DCI                   Courtesy of  From the Pressbox             

7/30  DCI Southeastern Championship                           Atlanta, GA                          Courtesy of DCI                   Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/30  Legends Drum Corps Invitational                           White Lake, MI                     Courtesy of DCI                   Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/30  DCI Central Illinois                                               Normal, IL                             Courtesy of DCI                   Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox

7/29  The Masters of the Summer Music Games          Murfreesboro, TN                 Courtesy of DCI                   Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/29  DCI Birmingham                                                Trussville, AL   …                 …“Rain out”…
7/29  Music on the Mountain                                       Sheffield, PA                        Courtesy of DCI                   Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/27  DCI Southern Mississippi                                    Hattiesburg, MS                   Courtesy of   
DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/23  DCI San Antonio                                                San Antonio, TX                   Courtesy of   DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox 

• Thanks 2

Dang an east coast time zone show and no Flo. 👎👎👎👎👎

Have relatives there and hoping to visit this fall and hit a Marshall game.

Yay Gold! I saw them at Rose Bowl and am totally in love with their show this year💕 

FYI, I have had some people PM me asking about Gold's show, specifically the color guard member riding the red bike. 

Gold's show is based off the book "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. If you get the opportunity or interested, check out that book. The red bicycle and everything else that happens in the show will then make sense. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

FYI, I have had some people PM me asking about Gold's show, specifically the color guard member riding the red bike. 

Gold's show is based off the book "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. If you get the opportunity or interested, check out that book. The red bicycle and everything else that happens in the show will then make sense. 

Oh interesting.  I hadn't picked up on this.  The book sounds like a read I'd like.  I'll throw it on the 'someday' list. 🙂

I think as a visual thing, it just says 'pee wee herman' to me at first . hah.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh interesting.  I hadn't picked up on this.  The book sounds like a read I'd like.  I'll throw it on the 'someday' list. 🙂

When I first saw the show, I thought it was a bit of humor by the guy riding the bike just to get the audience to the laugh. It wasn't until after the show when I talked to my son, and he told me about the book and the purpose of the red bike, then it all came together and I completely understood what Gold was trying to achieve. 

33 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

This might be the only piece of literature in existence that I’ve read and you haven’t 😂 I do highly recommend the book, it’s a quick read. I believe it does have both a prequel and sequel as well, though they aren’t necessarily directly related to each other in terms of the characters