Monday, August 1st “DCI Huntington” …Joan C. Edwards Stadium @ Marshall University Huntington, WEST VIRGINIA

I wonder how much of BK & Troopers latest lower scores are after effects of Covid impacts?  I hope both have a speedy recovery for kids and that endurance & performance can bounce back quickly!  All positive thoughts!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2022 at 2:46 PM, Chief Guns said:

FYI, I have had some people PM me asking about Gold's show, specifically the color guard member riding the red bike. 

Gold's show is based off the book "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. If you get the opportunity or interested, check out that book. The red bicycle and everything else that happens in the show will then make sense. 

Alright just finished it.  Now I need to see the show again and sort out all things other than the bike that tie into the story.  

It's intriguing.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Alright just finished it.  Now I need to see the show again and sort out all things other than the bike that tie into the story.  

It's intriguing.  

Unless there is a vid of Gold's show online, they won't be on Flomarching again till open class prelims this upcoming Monday. 

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Unless there is a vid of Gold's show online, they won't be on Flomarching again till open class prelims this upcoming Monday. 

I've been looking around a bit and haven't found one.

Hmm no audio available from the Rose Bowl on Flo may have to do.  😞

FYI folks.  The use of all white as a meaning for this.

• Like 1

Ok found the no audio from Atlanta now too to look for additions. 

• Like 1

Yah. The color bomb at the end makes sense.  There's still one more bit they can do at the end that would tie in real well.  

Also, this is a show I'll proabably not use the phrase "Nice release!" with...

11 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

Can you give me a genre for this book, so I could know if it's something my wife would want to check out? TIA

Edited to add: ...because she really loved Gold's show, even having no knowledge of the book.

Young Adult speculative fiction.  It's around 100 pages so it's not like a huge investment if you're not into it.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Young Adult speculative fiction.  It's around 100 pages so it's not like a huge investment if you're not into it.  

Thanks. Turns out it was on my son's summer reading list a couple years ago for his English class. So my wife was also somewhat familiar with it. But she loved Gold's show even before knowing about the connection to the book.