SCV trilogy that never was

Remember back in the mid-00s when SCV announced three years of shows at once? 

Eureka was announced for 2007, and they announced two others that never happened. One was a "whodunit" show, I think? 

Does anybody have more info on those other two shows? What did they have in mind thematically? Repertoire? Why did they abandon the other two shows?

I thought Eureka was great, and it placed well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Remember back in the mid-00s when SCV announced three years of shows at once? 

Eureka was announced for 2007, and they announced two others that never happened. One was a "whodunit" show, I think? 

Does anybody have more info on those other two shows? What did they have in mind thematically? Repertoire? Why did they abandon the other two shows?

I thought Eureka was great, and it placed well.

Interesting. I was way out by then so I have no idea.....

Ballet for Martha was the departure right? After 3hree? I don't remember why

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There was A LOT of internal organizational change at the time. Have NO specifics, but was assistant tour manager in 08. It was.... wonky....

Perhaps that explains the shift broadly?

Would love more detail from anyone who knows!

Edited by scheherazadesghost
sorry my memory is foggy.... I was asst tour manager in 07, not 08

9 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Ballet for Martha was the departure right? After 3hree? I don't remember why

Maybe you're right. So Eureka, 3hree, and a third show were announced at once. I feel like the third one was a ? in that Eureka was a !

But I don't see how those two would be announced together, as I don't see an underlying theme to Eureka and 3hree.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Maybe you're right. So Eureka, 3hree, and a third show were announced at once. I feel like the third one was a ? in that Eureka was a !

But I don't see how those two would be announced together, as I don't see an underlying theme to Eureka and 3hree.

In December 2006 they announced Eureka!, 3hree, and Clue (the whodunit show) for 2007, 2008, 2009. Who knows how much of that last one was already planned out before getting canned.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hrothgar15 said:

In December 2006 they announced Eureka!, 3hree, and Clue (the whodunit show) for 2007, 2008, 2009. Who knows how much of that last one was already planned out before getting canned.

It was a tough decade for us.

The only one without a 1st place finish.

A shame those of us that marched will carry with us. Or at least, it sets apart from other alum on a pretty stark way. Note that I don't feel that way, but alum pressure can be tricky at times.

Y'all want that Clue show still?

Wish I'd seen the others closely enough to see if I can identify a thematic link!

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typos

9 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Someone with ins needs to get us dirt on that Clue show. 

And I'm ALL ABOUT a Clue show in 2023, just sayin. They're remaking the movie, so might as well give us a drum corps show.

4 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Wish I'd seen the others closely enough to see if I can identify a thematic link!

For me, Eureka just seemed like great music with a cool title in the style of Songs for a Summer Night or Adventures Under a Darkened Sky. The Ravel was effing fantastic - a brilliant show.

3hree depicted Mind, Body, and Soul aspects of well-being. I feel like I remember the first movement being angst-y and busy - I think business garb on the guard. Seemed like more of a theme than Eureka. 

I never saw a common thread, but I don't know.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Someone with ins needs to get us dirt on that Clue show. 

And I'm ALL ABOUT a Clue show in 2023, just sayin. They're remaking the movie, so might as well give us a drum corps show.

giphy.gif

Seconded. Could be the greatest multiple endings show since And A Shot Rang Out (poor Trixie)

Edited by KVG_DC
better gif with embedding.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3