Tuesday, August 2nd “DCI Annapolis” Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium Annapolis, MARYLAND

Just now, MikeRapp said:

So Bloo’s 93.550 is the exact score Boston had at their most recent show…

I’ve thought from the beginning  that Bloo has the “sleeper” show this year. Pun partially intended.

Boston will be very clean and tight. BD will perform a ‘safe’ show (for them) at an extremely high level.

If anyone is going to pull off the crazy epic surprise victory, it’s the folks in the clown pants, lighting up the crowd in their anniversary year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NakedEye said:

I still can’t believe Cadets’ show is from much of the team who produced the Queen of the Stairs. It’s just a lovely product and they are really selling it. 

So appreciate the use of the entire field. I’ve been wanting someone to have the guts to lead the audience’s eye around the whole 100 yards for years, instead of keeping a centered composition at all times. Makes it so much more interesting.

95% different people than the 2019 fiasco - just fyi

1 hour ago, tedrick said:

When is the last time you saw Ludwig drums being used by a DCI corps?

Devs horns are a little rough - The show is going to win - but the hornline is uncharacteristically not as good as a usual Devs hornline.

I was surprised by the brass, lots of tuning issues - particularly in the lows, individual errors and stick outs - most of the ensemble stuff was terrific but it was not as expected

Guard was MUCH better than I expected - very solid vs. a month ago.

1 hour ago, Tony L. said:

I am not one to go out on a limb (I am too fat for that).  But, i just have a feeling that someone might nip BD.  Their show just kind of lays there.  And I am just not sure it is all that.  And is it just me or were there some significant dirt in brass and guard tonight.  So I just do not know that we should be anointing BD just yet.  Please keep in mind that I anointed them last week. LoL.  

I still think they could be third - the GE scores I just haven't understood. 

14 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah. That was me 😉. Actually I think it’s a reference to his dad being a dentist. 

also that post was in response to the WW in the Dorothy show!  

That's Funny. Curious, KVC-DC, Where did you learn of WW's dad being a "Dentist". In one of the movies? Makes we wonder what other nougats, Ummm Nuggets of trivia are delightfully hidden in this Confectious Creation of The Academy's Imagination. SO YUMMY!

On a Side Note: I wonder what THE ACADEMY can do to Sweeten up the Judges scores. Other then throwing todays Guard Judge Score in WW's Chocolate Vat! 7th REALLY, guess he got hit in the head by a tossed purple Ball. Just Joshing. I'll go to my room now. 

7 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

That's Funny. Curious, KVC-DC, Where did you learn of WW's dad being a "Dentist". In one of the movies? Makes we wonder what other nougats, Ummm Nuggets of trivia are delightfully hidden in this Confectious Creation of The Academy's Imagination. SO YUMMY!

On a Side Note: I wonder what THE ACADEMY can do to Sweeten up the Judges scores. Other then throwing todays Guard Judge Score in WW's Chocolate Vat! 7th REALLY, guess he got hit in the head by a tossed purple Ball. Just Joshing. I'll go to my room now. 

Its a bit in the Depp movie and given as a flashback reason for Wonka being motivated to make candy.  Also the demented straighttooth smile Depp has in the film so often.  That's the only place the dad shows up. Hes not in the book or the Wilder movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1