Tuesday, August 2nd “DCI Annapolis” Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium Annapolis, MARYLAND

1 hour ago, Maleguena1988 said:

The Race For Silver (Apparently) is gonna be one for the ages…can’t wait!

The Race for Gold, from my own former Bostonian neck of the woods, forsee's, feels, and IS Anticipating the Very Real Possibility of seeing the Boston Crusaders, leaving the Devils, more Blue then they would ever care to admit! I see DCI INDY Finals as the "Perfect Storm" in creating an "Upset For The Ages". I felt the very same way for Blooo in 2016, upon my very first viewing of their 2016 "Downside UP" on June 23, 2016 in the DCI Premier show fed to our Phoenix Cinema Screen from Lucas Oil Stadium.

I can't wait to be in Indy's Lucas Oil Stadium for a truly stellar "Top to Bottom" Corps Competition for the ages! ironically being held on DCI's 50th Anniversary. My fingers and Toes Crossed for all the Corps to be able to perform at full strength. GODSPEED.

• Like 2

If Boston doesn’t beat BD at Allentown, they won’t beat them at finals. Feel pretty confident calling that 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

If Boston doesn’t beat BD at Allentown, they won’t beat them at finals. Feel pretty confident calling that 

Maybe.. but maybe not. Lots of DCP'ers said the same confident thing on here in 2008 after Allentown. Phantom Regiment  even placed 3rd a week later at DCI Quarterfinals, 8 tenths spread with BD. 'seemed  insurmountable. But oh my, what a difference even 48 hours can bring.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Maybe.. but maybe not. Lots of DCP'ers said the same confident thing on here in 2008 after Allentown. Phantom Regiment  even placed 3rd a week later at DCI Quarterfinals, 8 tenths spread with BD. 'seemed  insurmountable. But oh my, what a difference even 48 hours can bring.

Boston is performing right after BD at an east coast regional. They will get the direct comparison with BD that they want and will have the crowd on their side. If they can’t get it done there, I don’t think they can in Indy. 

The crowd helped propel phantom to their victory in 2008. Unless Boston changes their ending to have something similarly exciting as Phantom’s (which they very well could) I am not sure they will get the same hype bump. BD also just has the advantage of an indoor practice facility in Indy that Boston does not (to my knowledge) as well as a staff experienced in finishing and getting the job done. 

It’s not out of the realm of possibility for Boston to get it done despite losing at Allentown, but I see it as unlikely. Just the way I see it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I think the strong caption strength spread throughout several corps makes any prediction harder than ever this year. Even though it will be the same panel both nights and they are supposed to keep the previous night in mind when scoring Saturday, it's still not quite the same as the whole field performing together on the same night.

There is so much potential for 4th, 5th or 6th to siphon enough tenths off to upset the Finals apple carts all around. I really have NO idea how it will end up.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Boston is performing right after BD at an east coast regional. They will get the direct comparison with BD that they want and will have the crowd on their side. If they can’t get it done there, I don’t think they can in Indy. 

The crowd helped propel phantom to their victory in 2008. Unless Boston changes their ending to have something similarly exciting as Phantom’s (which they very well could) I am not sure they will get the same hype bump. BD also just has the advantage of an indoor practice facility in Indy that Boston does not (to my knowledge) as well as a staff experienced in finishing and getting the job done. 

It’s not out of the realm of possibility for Boston to get it done despite losing at Allentown, but I see it as unlikely. Just the way I see it

But when we bring up 2008, there is one thing we CONTINUE to gloss over............................BDs percussion that year. 

BD finished 5th in drums that year. That was the death blow and what allowed Phantom to sneak in the back door more than any cheer or hand clapping the crowd could have generated. If BDs drums handled their business, we wouldn't be having any convo's about 2008. BD had a weakness that year, Phantom took advantage, and they won fair and square.

This year (SO FAR) BD doesn't seem to have a weakness that can be exposed. They are top three in every caption/subcaption, and even the captions they are losing, it's only a tenth here or there. 

We will see what happens at Allentown and moving forward. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cappybara said:

We said that in 08 too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

But when we bring up 2008, there is one thing we CONTINUE to gloss over............................BDs percussion that year. 

BD finished 5th in drums that year. That was the death blow and what allowed Phantom to sneak in the back door more than any cheer or hand clapping the crowd could have generated. If BDs drums handled their business, we wouldn't be having any convo's about 2008. BD had a weakness that year, Phantom took advantage, and they won fair and square.

This year (SO FAR) BD doesn't seem to have a weakness that can be exposed. They are top three in every caption/subcaption, and even the captions they are losing, it's only a tenth here or there. 

We will see what happens at Allentown and moving forward. 

All Boston needs is a favorable judge lineup.

BD is vulnerable in percussion. They're vulnerable in guard. They're vulnerable in brass.

The judges seem to love their GE, so that's in their favor.

6 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

All Boston needs is a favorable judge lineup.

BD is vulnerable in percussion. They're vulnerable in guard. They're vulnerable in brass.

The judges seem to love their GE, so that's in their favor.

Is it possible for BD to lose brass, guard and drums. Absolutely. 

Maybe we have different definitions of vulnerable. Finishing top 2-3 in subcaptions to me isn't vulnerable. 

Finishing 5th in drums like 2008 is vulnerable. 

And even if they lose brass, guard and drums............how much are they losing by? 19.8 to19.7, ok i can live with that. 19.8 to 19.2, Ok Houston we have a problem. 

• Like 3

Thank you, Cadets, for finally doing a great show with a unique and compelling concept—executed at the level of a finalist contender. Great job!!!

• Like 2