Tuesday, August 2nd “Drums Across the Smokies” Lon C. Burchfield Stadium at Sevier County High School Sevierville, TENNESSEE

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Naw I respect the hell out of the Cadets and really want to beat them but totally understand them being 6th. But it was impossible for Blue Stars to beat Cavies or Phantom. People swore left and right the only reason was because of COVID yet it's many shows later and they still did it. And yes the percussion score is literally what's closing the gap because they won it so handily but every night we have seen many people say "percussion scores are whack" and "they are calling it as they see it" at regionals/flo shows.

Let’s take blue stars out of rehearsal and performing for almost  2 weeks and see what happens to their scores. Again your reasoning is homerish. Ridiculous to think that the Cavaliers wouldn’t be playing catch up all the way to Finals. Cavies are deserving their drum scores…that line has been on fire.

Edited by GREENBLUE

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Naw I respect the hell out of the Cadets and really want to beat them but totally understand them being 6th. But it was impossible for Blue Stars to beat Cavies or Phantom. People swore left and right the only reason was because of COVID yet it's many shows later and they still did it. And yes the percussion score is literally what's closing the gap because they won it so handily but every night we have seen many people say "percussion scores are whack" and "they are calling it as they see it" at regionals/flo shows.

So what are you gonna do when Stars beat them then?

Blue  Stars have beaten the Cavies head to head  6 straight times  with different judging panels.  What makes everyone think that the Cavies will pass them?   Cavies have major issues with their show that will continue to keep them behind the Blue Stars through finals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Blue  Stars have beaten the Cavies head to head  6 straight times  with different judging panels.  What makes everyone think that the Cavies will pass them?   Cavies have major issues with their show that will continue to keep them behind the Blue Stars through finals.

Saw tonight live -  Blue Stars brass also laid a bit of an uncharacteristic egg tonight at the show. Weird anomaly for them. I was mostly watching the hornline, so no idea about guard or drums. 

Considering how consistent they’ve been all season, I would take tonight’s slightly closer spread as a little flukey (unless Cavies also had a bad run, which in my opinion at least, they were fantastic).

8 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

THIS!  I just watched Cavies 2019 and this year's show is not a patch on that.  Whilst they have been playing catch-up because of Covid, they have visual issues that I think are too late to fix this year. In the end it may be DESIGN that keeps them behind BS not EXECUTION