Wednesday, August 3rd “Soaring Sounds” Centerville High School Stadium Centerville, OHIO

16 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

Music City is really capturing my attention this year. Their page doesn't seem to have any details on their design team, but I'm really hoping they keep this team for years to come. This is exactly the kind of vehicle that draws attention for all the right reasons and could hopefully retain and attract more membership. 

The Peter Gabriel rendition of Heroes is a really solid music choice. The orchestration fits very well in a drum corps setting.

I believe it's Shane Gwaltney's design.  The DCI show reveal video also said the music was by staff, but I don't know exactly who.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Racer24ksi said:

Music City's program isn't detailed in the program list.  On MCDC's website, they credit Andy Poor as the Brass Arranger and Matt Penland writes the book for Battery. 

The current design team was put together for this show in 2020, then put aside because of Covid until this year, and the same team designed the 2021 Circuloso.  They were introduced in "Meet the Design Team" on Music City's website in the April 2021 News.  By the way, the first three pieces of Gasoline Rainbows were written by C.J. Barrow:

Meet the Team

Shane Gwaltney, Program Coordinator

Jason Palmer, Drill Design

CJ Barrow, Music Design/ Composition

Jeremy Thompson, Brass Composer/ Arranger

Matt Penland, Battery Composer/ Arranger

Tyler Sammons, Front Ensemble Composer/ Arranger

Michael O’Neil, Choreographer

Jacob Kalemba, Choreographer

Tommy Keenum, Costume Design

Drew Farmer, Artistic Consultant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racer24ksi said:

Music City's program isn't detailed in the program list.  On MCDC's website, they credit Andy Poor as the Brass Arranger and Matt Penland writes the book for Battery. 

https://www.dci.org/news/music-city-dusting-off-20-production-diving-underwater-with-2022s-gasoline-rainbows?fbclid=IwAR3Qx-5wAxJJCvnpmHjACugGQaCF3jsBReSOA5tld-Jf14DZESzm2BlqotU

Edited by keystone3ply
CX
  • Like 1