Wednesday, August 3rd “Soaring Sounds” Centerville High School Stadium Centerville, OHIO

11 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Really enjoying the direction the Spartans are headed in. The past few years have been much more modern in design and the members really seem to be buying into it.

Part of the reason for their success is that they shed their "everything Roman and Greek" themed shows. They did what Pioneer didn't...evolved and didn't corner themselves into a caricature. 

• Like 3

Music City is really capturing my attention this year. Their page doesn't seem to have any details on their design team, but I'm really hoping they keep this team for years to come. This is exactly the kind of vehicle that draws attention for all the right reasons and could hopefully retain and attract more membership. 

The Peter Gabriel rendition of Heroes is a really solid music choice. The orchestration fits very well in a drum corps setting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Part of the reason for their success is that they shed their "everything Roman and Greek" themed shows. They did what Pioneer didn't...evolved and didn't corner themselves into a caricature. 

Agreed. There was a point in time especially in the early 2000s where their program just seemed so predictable year after year. Now I have no idea what to expect each year and that's thrilling.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Music City is really capturing my attention this year. Their page doesn't seem to have any details on their design team, but I'm really hoping they keep this team for years to come. This is exactly the kind of vehicle that draws attention for all the right reasons and could hopefully retain and attract more membership. 

The Peter Gabriel rendition of Heroes is a really solid music choice. The orchestration fits very well in a drum corps setting.

Well said!!!

• Like 1