Pitch me your DCI show concepts.

Blue Stars should absolutely do the music of Ratatouille...

31 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Been saying this since RAMD - Regiment is required to use Janacek’s “Sinfonietta”. 

They have not yet implemented that requirement.  😀

They could do a show using elements from Murakami's 1Q84 with this number...

• Like 1

Like to see the Mandarins do Tan Dun's wonderful music from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". 

The Troopers cellist would have to move over to the Mandarins though, as the film score is full of cello solos by Yo Yo Ma.  😀

I arranged this music for the band I taught 10+ years ago, complete with cellist. 

To celebrate their sister corps' return, Crossmen should do a show called Spirit next year. Swap out the purple/red for blue on their uniforms, have Georgia on My Mind sneak it's way in there, and have the final set be a delta. 

Troopers: The Wind

Why it works:

• wind is what powers the brass. Lots of connections between wind and the actual music -- from the selection of the composers and charts to the effects of the wind moving through the horns
  • plenty of visual connections: equipment tosses that are "blown" down the line to the next member in the line; the visual of wind effects coming out of the brass; all kinds of member & equipment movement to indicate the presence of wind
  • Variety, from gentle breezes to category 5 storms
  • Wind is about the most Wyoming thing there is. It's a constant feature of Wyoming life. It's connected to the true Big Sky (sorry, Montana)
  • opportunities for humor; see visual connections, above

Why it doesn't work:

• because I am not a show designer and I have no idea what I'm talking about
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Why it works:

• wind is what powers the brass. Lots of connections between wind and the actual music -- from the selection of the composers and charts to the effects of the wind moving through the horns
  • plenty of visual connections: equipment tosses that are "blown" down the line to the next member in the line; the visual of wind effects coming out of the brass; all kinds of member & equipment movement to indicate the presence of wind
  • Wind is about the most Wyoming thing there is. It's a constant feature of Wyoming life. It's connected to the true Big Sky (sorry, Montana)

Why it doesn't work:

A show about the wind on the prairie could work.  No fart jokes please.

But this season has convinced me that I like my Troopers dark and intense.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Why it works:

Why it doesn't work:

Cool idea, but I’m just imagining wind sound effects that would be cheesy.

35 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Cool idea, but I’m just imagining wind sound effects that would be cheesy.

It could work.  Wild Horses did.   It always evoked a wind swept prairie with a herd of horses nickering in the dawn hours as they started