Pitch me your DCI show concepts.

4 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

"Kiai"

An asian-themed show where guard utilizes flags, bo staff, sabers like swords, fans (flipping fans is awesome), etc to further bring in the kata/martial art theme.  Those who know martial arts and drum corps could probably envision this with me. 

No one could say it doesn’t have fans.  

34 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

"Kiai"

An asian-themed show where guard utilizes flags, bo staff, sabers like swords, fans (flipping fans is awesome), etc to further bring in the kata/martial art theme.  Those who know martial arts and drum corps could probably envision this with me. 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:34 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

For Troopers how about: There's Gold in Them Thar Hills. 

Although there is a danger in basing all your shows on resource extraction - at some point all that will be left is a show entitled 'Think Zinc'.

Ha, yes, and also Wyoming doesn't have much of a connection to the Gold Rush; the '49ers ran right over the Rockies to get to California. Nor did it have much to do with the later gold and silver mining boom that propelled next-door Colorado toward statehood.

When it comes to extraction, Wyoming is all about coal, oil, gas. Some uranium.

11 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Ha, yes, and also Wyoming doesn't have much of a connection to the Gold Rush; the '49ers ran right over the Rockies to get to California. Nor did it have much to do with the later gold and silver mining boom that propelled next-door Colorado toward statehood.

Wyoming has a number of other notable things they could theme around too though.  

A tribute to the wonders of Yellowstone National Park would probably resonate.  

Wyoming was also the first state to grant women voting rights.

The Johnson County War would be quite a tale to put on too.

The Hole In The Wall gang (including Butch Cassidy) would be something to go "Dark Troopers" with as well.

1 hour ago, CAtenhut said:

Someone is recruiting a beatboxer for 2023... I guarantee it.

Can we put makeup on RueNaniNah to make him look younger and elligble to be a in a corps?

Playing off Carolina Crown app and show...

Either a gimmick or a show... you decide

DCI: The Game

Songs (I don't know however there are tons of good video game songs)

Drill (The performers at times during the show act out events, like a punch or a kick or even a fight club)

App (Create a virtual augmentation application that the crowd would watch the show through their phone and see the "gaming events" occurring. The events would be things that the performers would be interacting with but only those who are looking through their phones could see)

Just came up with a great one.

Drum Corps: The Resurrection

The year is 3000. Post apocalyptic. Music has been outlawed. The world has fallen to ruins. Violence and anarchy rule the streets. But a rag-tag gang of outcasts are ready to make a change. They play provocative, emotional music from a time long gone by to open the hearts and minds of survivors. This is The Resurrection.

Song List (in no particular order)

My Body Is A Cage

House Is Not A Home

Psychopomp

Hymn of Axiom

Niagara Falls

Frameworks

Lapis Lazuli

I Say A Little Prayer

11 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Uranium ore is also called ‘Pitchblende’ (seriously).   So, there’s the title.  What songs do we use?