Pitch me your DCI show concepts.

46 minutes ago, Kopeck said:

Bluecoats perhaps doing a show with the music of Earth, Wind, & Fire

Everyone would sing along like hey jude...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Except they are located in Az State Sun Devils territory. U of Az wildcats are in Tucson 

I know the difference between a Sun Devil and a Wildcat. But thanks. I was responding to the idea of “Wildcat” as a concept.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 1:18 AM, Orwellian Wiress said:

I'm a very creative person and I love coming up with imaginary concepts for drum corps shows. I am far from the only person in this community that does that, so let's hear your ideas! I love reading people's imaginary show concepts and having people with more experience to bounce ideas off of.

My first concept is one I literally came up with an hour ago. I was listening to a podcast talk about the movie Scream, and that gave me an idea. A DCI show that is aware it is a DCI show and plays on your expectations of what we know about drum corps from all of the activity's history. If that sounds complicated, I've got some examples. I imagine somewhere towards the end of the show, all the horns will form a straight line while there's a soloist/duet, in the exact same position as Babylon. We hear the buildup and prepare our ears to be blasted off, but wait. There's no sounds coming from the horns. The drums are really jamming out though. What we expected to be the ballad turns into a high-energy dance break. Another idea I have is having a big space chord, which is going to turn into a major chord, right? They always do that, right? Nope. It just ends on an unresolved space chord (maybe with a little flourish or something from the pit.) We can even do something crazy like having the pit step away from their instruments for a couple minutes and having them actually march (sans instruments). Honestly, the sky's the limit with this one. I don't have any songs or titles in mind though.

Bluecoats =  Show featuring  the music and persona of The Rat Pack

11 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Bluecoats =  Show featuring  the music and persona of The Rat Pack

How about Cavies doing an “Oceans Eleven” themed show?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, c.l. said:

I absolutely love this idea!

“What happens in Rosement, stays in Rosemont.”

7 hours ago, c.l. said:

Valhalla themed show from SCV or Phantom. Featuring music from Wardruna, Aurora, some Scandinavian metal bands, throw in a standard.

Guard costuming by Lordi?  😄

Would this be the ballad?  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 1