Pitch me your DCI show concepts.

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Presenting there 2023 production ‘Leave the gun.  Take the cannoli’ ….

And they could sell cannoli at the merch booth.   

you want the corps responsible for baking them daily? no good mobster will eat grocery store cannoli 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

As a meteorologist, I approve of this idea.

I would love to see anybody handle any weather/force of nature themed show. Other ideas would also include:

• Tempest (how a tornado impacts a community)
  • Monsoon (a drought stricken area rejoices when the rainy season hits, but can they overcome too much rain in too short a time?)
  • Tidal Forces (nautically themed music, and a drill design that shifts from one side of the field to the other, twice during the course of the show)
  • A Perfect Storm (different sections represent different weather elements, like wind, rain, clouds, etc., and they all come together at the end to produce an intense whirling drill with stormy thematic music)

Well Force of Nature was literally a show.... ;). And I loved it.

I was thinking of a tornado show too.  Again, it could be stupid and cheesy but also done movingly and carefully.  Twister (for all of is hilarious meteorological inaccuracies) has one moment that absolutely hits home for those of us who grew up in tornado alleys.  I remember howling with laughter at some of the "oh right yeah" of the weather effects and people in them.  Then they got to the night tornado at the drive in and the movie took a taut and tense feeling.  The devastation of Aunt Meg's town and house felt pitch perfect to the sudden horror of a tornado's destructive wake and what it awakens in a town to bond and rebuild.  

On 8/5/2022 at 10:25 AM, Sideways said:

Blue Stars should absolutely do the music of Ratatouille...

I would watch this.  100%

On 8/13/2022 at 8:50 PM, SurfCub80 said:

Ok, their brand is supposed to be “Camp nostalgic, entertaining” someone please get this in the hands of Jersey Surf TODAY!

OMG start with the classic 90’s X-men theme, build out the toppling city sky scrappers (it’s just hinges and pulleys). “Storm” shooting streamers, and find a Bonnie Tyler like vocalist to close it out. This is a top 15 idea.
#jerseysurf #bobjacobs 

Omg the highest tower could be the Avengers tower but has a huge NJ on it!

They could do that song from the "Broadway show" in Hawkeye....oh lord that'd be over the top cheese

I would love to see anybody handle any weather/force of nature themed show. Other ideas would also include:

• Monsoon (a drought stricken area rejoices when the rainy season hits, but can they overcome too much rain in too short a time?)
  • Tidal Forces (nautically themed music, and a drill design that shifts from one side of the field to the other, twice during the course of the show)
  • A Perfect Storm (different sections represent different weather elements, like wind, rain, clouds, etc., and they all come together at the end to produce an intense whirling drill with stormy thematic music)

I like the Tidal Forces too.  A show that did a take on the varieties of life found in a tidal pool and the dependence they have on the tides.  Quotes from Darwin's writing on tidal pools, etc.  It could be really striking.  

45 minutes ago, Shoreliners said:

Anything Sondheim.  Into the Woods comes to mind

I want someone to take on Sunday in the Park with George again.  Seeing the history reel for Colts when they did that made me think of it.

• Thanks 1

Maybe Genesis could do a show based on Wizard of Oz from the tornado’s point of view.  😎

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I want someone to take on Sunday in the Park with George again.  Seeing the history reel for Colts when they did that made me think of it.

Here is one for Cadets:

If the Justice System Had Teeth: Sunday Afternoon in the Yard with George 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Haha 1

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Here is one for Cadets:

If the Justice System Had Teeth: Sunday in the Yard with George 

lol.  but um.  no.