Pitch me your DCI show concepts.

16 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I was thinking of a tornado show too.  Again, it could be stupid and cheesy but also done movingly and carefully.  Twister (for all of is hilarious meteorological inaccuracies) has one moment that absolutely hits home for those of us who grew up in tornado alleys.  I remember howling with laughter at some of the "oh right yeah" of the weather effects and people in them.  Then they got to the night tornado at the drive in and the movie took a taut and tense feeling.  The devastation of Aunt Meg's town and house felt pitch perfect to the sudden horror of a tornado's destructive wake and what it awakens in a town to bond and rebuild.  

I wasn't even thinking of the movie. But, having mentioned it, the music would then have to include Deep Purple's Child in Time.

• Show: Batman & Robin
  • Setting: like the old TV show (more comedy and fun, less like the current dark movies)
  • music: some from the old show (very cartoon and comic like), but also some from the current movies or other music that works with the show
  • Props: think Boston last year with the big monitors, use those for cool POP, BAM, BOOM and other effects, but also use the panels for additional color or graphics; also a prop of Gotham (more backdrop) and a prop of the Batcave or of Bruce's house. Would be nice to have a Batmobile or let that be one of the graphics on the panels.
  • Costumes/Characters: Batman, Robin, maybe a Joker or other nemesis, the rest of the brass line in Gotham town dress (business attire), with guard in a stylish cross between the superhero uniforms
  • Narration/Sound Effects: mostly effects but a little narration for dramatic effect

IDK, just having some fun with it. 

Hell yeah this thread is alive and kicking. 

I'm super into The Simpsons and have always wanted to see someone do a Simpsons show. Bluecoats, do with this what you will:

I’ve always wanted the Cavaliers to do a steampunk version of machine or a superhero show with music from the incredibles

when the unveiled their uniforms in 2019 I thought we might be getting the steampunk machine but it was not to be.   I’ve been searching for some good music for that but haven’t come up with anything solid yet

4 minutes ago, alextiger said:

I’ve always wanted the Cavaliers to do a steampunk version of machine or a superhero show with music from the incredibles

when the unveiled their uniforms in 2019 I thought we might be getting the steampunk machine but it was not to be.   I’ve been searching for some good music for that but haven’t come up with anything solid yet

Troopers kinda tried to do a steampunk show in 2012. It didn't really work.

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Here is one for Cadets:

If the Justice System Had Teeth: Sunday Afternoon in the Yard with George 

no. its time shows tied to that go in the rear view mirror

• Like 2

Here is an idea:  1st half of show Corps plays what sounds like original music. Half way through they reverse, play the notes in opposite order, this revealing what the song is; the drill is the first-half done in opposite order as well - they would end where they started.  
Something like Channel One Suite, or Rhapsody in Blue or other classic Drum Corps tune would be good to use. 

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Here is an idea:  1st half of show Corps plays what sounds like original music. Half way through they reverse, play the notes in opposite order, this revealing what the song is; the drill is the first-half done in opposite order as well - they would end where they started.  
Something like Channel One Suite, or Rhapsody in Blue or other classic Drum Corps tune would be good to use. 

Holy crap that's so cool. This was the first thing that popped into my head:

My Body Is A Cage somehow is still perfect even being played backwards.

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Holy crap that's so cool. This was the first thing that popped into my head:

My Body Is A Cage somehow is still perfect even being played backwards.

That would make a cool game. Try to guess the DCI show, by listening to it while it is played backwards.