ALLENTOWN FRIDAY PREDICTION AND ODDS OF A RAIN DELAY

Seems like Allentown just can't catch a break anymore weather-wise. 50% chance of thunderstorms all evening.    Prediction of a Boston upset--also 50%.  1. BD 96.0 2. BAC 95.6  3. Bluecoats 94.7  4. Phantom 88.8  5. Mandarins 88.7 6.  BK 85.2. 7. Colts 85.0. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Seems like Allentown just can't catch a break anymore weather-wise. 50% chance of thunderstorms all evening.    Prediction of a Boston upset--also 50%.  1. BD 96.0 2. BAC 95.6  3. Bluecoats 94.7  4. Phantom 88.8  5. Mandarins 88.7 6.  BK 85.2. 7. Colts 85.0. 

And, if memory serves, FRIDAYS in Allentown have a greater rain out rate than Saturdays…

• Like 1

based on past history the more people talk about the chance, the more likely it is to happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

I was almost in agreement with those selections until I got to the end. I’ll go Colts 86.25 and BK 85.5. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

based on past history the more people talk about the chance, the more likely it is to happen

When I see rain potentially occurring at an undesirable time, I usually just have an “everything will be fine” attitude and never mention the possiblity, or barely in passing😂

5 hours ago, DWW11 said:

And, if memory serves, FRIDAYS in Allentown have a greater rain out rate than Saturdays…

I went in 2014 and Saturday was a nicer day than Friday. I think there was a rain delay Friday and then, the weather was good the rest of the night.  I seem to recall Saturday had a little rain but then it was a very nice night.

I was there in 1984 when they had a helicopter flying by to dry out the field.  That was a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.  😂 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I went in 2014 and Saturday was a nicer day than Friday. I think there was a rain delay Friday and then, the weather was good the rest of the night.  I seem to recall Saturday had a little rain but then it was a very nice night.

I was there in 1984 when they had a helicopter flying by to dry out the field.  That was a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.  😂 

86 finals got washed out. 87 DCA a monsoon...99 too, but they managed to get the show in. 87 prelims had a lot of rain, a lot of mud where there used to be grass after 23 corps...and finals wiped out.

93 rained on Cavies...04 i think Glassmen? I know 11 rained on and off a little on Saturday...and of course Friday in 18. i can't remember them all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

I remember the helicopter-drying of the field in 1984. Surreal.  Does Allentown have artificial turf now? 

yeah since 2003. its really good in rain...i judged 27 bands in on and off rain in 2008, field was great

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1