ALLENTOWN FRIDAY PREDICTION AND ODDS OF A RAIN DELAY

Not sure what it's doing in Allentown but I just walked home from work in a monsoon jumping everytime a thunderclap hit here in DC.

• Sad 2

Odds of a delay are now 100%.  Although it’s not actually raining, gates are postponed to open at 6:30 instead of 5:30 now.  Keeping my fingers crossed for the storm to slide past, and nothing later!!

• Like 1

Weather.com radar and future radar, it's going to slide north of the stadium. Hopefully the radar is accurate and the lightening stays far enough away. Sitting in my car by the stadium and people are starting to walk to the gate, even though DCI asked them to stay in their cars. 

Edited by old drmmjr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the panels is the same both days. 

as for two days...i'm not sure. that changed in the mid to late 90's when the entire world class lineup was scheduled annually. i think some of it is because of the lack of dome and the logistics.....no major parking lots, etc. honestly trying to cram 20+ corps in a day would be nuts. i remember they did that in 85 and what a cluster...plus it ws the top 25 plus newbie Star for prelims starting at 7:45 Am, then the top 12 that night at finals.

Thanks Everyone, appreciate the insight.  

Harken to the days of Allentown being 2 shows in the same day. Those were really fun. Having my 19th bday at Allentown my rookie year. Good times

Edited by Zeke
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Not sure what it's doing in Allentown but I just walked home from work in a monsoon jumping everytime a thunderclap hit here in DC.

It stayed south and west at least tiL midnight