ALLENTOWN FRIDAY PREDICTION AND ODDS OF A RAIN DELAY

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

And that was the moment when Mandarins' electronics sound board died due to the water damage. A staff member's wife drove from out of state, picked up the replacement board for the corps and met them in Buffalo, I think, to deliver the new one pretty much just in time for their next show. 

i have been to many shows in Allentown...that was the most intense rain ever, worse than 99 DCA finals, which was part of a hurricane...87 just rained all day. 86 was bad and the creek flooded, but nothing like 18.

and my wife would have sat out in it to hear SCV's mellos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

That is how I thought it was; the ‘it’s considered a single competition’ threw me off

same panel is how they determine that

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So they don’t announce scores for the Friday Corps until after last Corps Saturday?  

Announced at end each night...

I remember a time though when they had prelims where scores were announced in-between shows as well...

• Like 3

I remember those Allentown days!  I would leave home at 6AM and return home after midnight, burnt to a crisp.  I remember having to straddle a tree on the huge hill to get some shade and keep from sliding down the hill during prelims!  

I believe Allentown instituted a noise ordinance, which was part of the reason the show was split in two.  

• Like 2

Here's to hoping we get these shows.  I dunno about up there but in DC it poured with heavy lightning a lot from evening and in the night.

FYI folks, if you didn't get this drilled into your heads as kids, don't use trees for cover if there's lightning.  4 people found this out the hard way yesterday in Lafayette Park.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I remember those Allentown days!  I would leave home at 6AM and return home after midnight, burnt to a crisp.  I remember having to straddle a tree on the huge hill to get some shade and keep from sliding down the hill during prelims!  

I believe Allentown instituted a noise ordinance, which was part of the reason the show was split in two.  

Same in Whitewater, Dekalb. Hours and hours of drum corps. They let you bring coolers in the stands back then. 

• Like 1