ALLENTOWN FRIDAY PREDICTION AND ODDS OF A RAIN DELAY

4 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Move this show to the Syracuse RCA Dome. Beautiful stadium, bigger airport, no weather worries.  Use Allentown for the Cadets Wednesday night show, always held two nights before the Allentown weekend. 

I don’t think you’d get the fans to make a trip to Syracuse. A huge draw for Allentown is the nostalgia. It’s probably second to Whitewater in that regard.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Move this show to the Syracuse RCA Dome. Beautiful stadium, bigger airport, no weather worries.  Use Allentown for the Cadets Wednesday night show, always held two nights before the Allentown weekend. 

Several people have posted that the dome would be a logistical nightmare trying to

get corps in and out.

In my 20+ years of going to the Easts, I've found they draw a lot of "local" people from Pa. and NJ.

Many  drive in and go home each night.

Don't know how many of those people would be willing to drive the 4 hours  (at least in my case) it would 

take to get there.

24 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Here's to hoping we get these shows.  I dunno about up there but in DC it poured with heavy lightning a lot from evening and in the night.

FYI folks, if you didn't get this drilled into your heads as kids, don't use trees for cover if there's lightning.  4 people found this out the hard way yesterday in Lafayette Park.  

I was in DC yesterday and got caught in a storm at about 6 PM. Talk about the skies opening up! I think for tonight though the percentage is a bit higher, the prediction is scattered thunderstorms. I like the prediction scattered. We’ll just have to see. My plan is to have a raincoat and umbrella. Murphy’s Law seems to prove true with me. If I’m ready for the weather, the worst usually does not happen.

• Like 1

I'd love to attend a two night weekend show in Syracuse. Yes, Allentown has the history, but I stopped going a few years ago, due to weather delays, and sardine packed bench seating. Most of my friends did too. Of course we are seniors, and want some comfort level now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tim K said:

I was in DC yesterday and got caught in a storm at about 6 PM. Talk about the skies opening up! I think for tonight though the percentage is a bit higher, the prediction is scattered thunderstorms. I like the prediction scattered. We’ll just have to see. My plan is to have a raincoat and umbrella. Murphy’s Law seems to prove true with me. If I’m ready for the weather, the worst usually does not happen.

Yup. They were not calling for rain until later in the night.  I got caught in Union Station and just parked it there for dinner before heading home.  

4 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

I'd love to attend a two night weekend show in Syracuse. Yes, Allentown has the history, but I stopped going a few years ago, due to weather delays, and sardine packed bench seating. Most of my friends did too. Of course we are seniors, and want some comfort level now. 

I went in 2014 for a one last time trip.  It was very uncomfortable seating and there was some rain, I have no plans to return but I’m glad I went for the one last time. 

• Like 3

This year is kinda reminding me of 2008. BD comes into Allentown undefeated and wham...they lose to not the eventual DCI winner but the Cavaliers. To me BAC has all the guns to win this outright from Allentown to Indy. This year they have edited their productions from the 2018 and 19 and focus on a well-focused show. 

10 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Perhaps you might put in a good word with the Man upstairs....?

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have been to many shows in Allentown...that was the most intense rain ever, worse than 99 DCA finals, which was part of a hurricane...87 just rained all day. 86 was bad and the creek flooded, but nothing like 18.

and my wife would have sat out in it to hear SCV's mellos.

IIRC, there was one year it had rained so much, a helicopter was brought in to blow water off the field in the morning before prelims started.