Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

BAC had more drops and still — deservingly! — beat BD guard, so I’m not worried on that front. 

It’s BAC’s third in percussion that perplexes me. Is it because of the front ensemble? I mean third in content surely can’t be the opinion on that battery. It just feels weird. 

Boston draws a lot of their component GE from their guard. And namely their tosses. If they don't catch their tosses the Effect goes out the window. 

A guard judge might say a dropped toss is not as big but for the GE guys a whole section of a show losses points because of drops. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dmiggles said:

To be even fairer... You're watching a live feed.

Live feed or not, visual miscues can always be seen 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dmiggles said:

To be even fairer... You're watching a live feed.

Totally, but mistakes are mistakes. The feed didn’t mess up that company  front. 

It’s fine! I’m feeling the fire from BAC this year, and if this makes them kick it up a notch next week, all the better. BD too. I would be surprised if they felt great about that run. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

Eh, I feel like the top 4 percussion could go either way on any given night.

Yeah but it wasn’t Scored that way with slight .1 differences. 

• Like 2

Nice opening for Crown to take back #2 placement. .1 behind Boston three days ago. 

How the #### can dci have a judge missing from allentown…week before finals??

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FaustianMachine said:

Crown would have to beat BDs score for that to happen from averages. Otherwise, Boston keeps 2nd.

What about Bloo vs Crown?

Just now, Glenn426 said:

Boston draws a lot of their component GE from their guard. And namely their tosses. If they don't catch their tosses the Effect goes out the window. 

A guard judge might say a dropped toss is not as big but for the GE guys a whole section of a show losses points because of drops. 

We agree! I just don’t wanna give the impression that BAC guard totally bombed tonight — they didn’t, these are the good kinda errors, the kind that make you say “that’s never going to happen again”