Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

13 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Well while we wait for the show tonight...Here is some more Allentown lore...

Sometimes it takes a clear vision! 

In the beginnings of this show, around 1978, the then marketing and promotions director of DCI, unleashed a series of appearances which included downtown concerts in the months prior to this show. These appearances featured the Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, The Cadets, Santa Clara Vanguard, and others. These local events drew a remarkable 3,000 to 4,000 spectators and were VERY popular.

Other corps appeared and were scheduled for shopping centers, nursing homes, city hall, and fireworks, etc. Drum majors were even flown in months ahead to announce the upcoming shows to the local media. 

It was a HUGE deal...and most of the other things that have occurred over the years like tailgating parties etc. all pretty much happened organically...

It’s a gigantic tailgate.  Pineville.  I was trying to remember what it’s called. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

46 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

True. If it actually pulled from Spotify, I'd pick House Is Not A Home as a joke🙃 Still petitioning for that to be a national anthem or something

If we’re really trying to troll Crown, you’d want to play I Like You by GOT7 🙂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Wait, Crown's app actually finds your playlist? That's freaking awesome. I'm surprised no one's tried to rickroll them yet

I'm sure it doesn't.  It's part of their script the british lady says before they play the sample though.  If it was ACTUALLY searching your playlists, I'd be concerned about the kind of holes it pokes in privacy settings.  

I'd also be a bit worried how many Texas have "Deep in the Heart of Texas" on their phones at the ready!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Who is there? What's the weather like?

Stadium was supposed to open at 5:30.  Its now delayed until 6:30, due to “weather in the area of the stadium”.  It’s not raining, but it’s a bit dark.  Looking at the radar, we are right on the edge of it.

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

I'm sure it doesn't.  It's part of their script the british lady says before they play the sample though.  If it was ACTUALLY searching your playlists, I'd be concerned about the kind of holes it pokes in privacy settings.  

I'd also be a bit worried how many Texas have "Deep in the Heart of Texas" on their phones at the ready!

Yeah no. 😉

We may always be ready to sing after the stars at night are big and bright and a few claps, but I doubt most carry it around with us.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Stadium was supposed to open at 5:30.  Its now delayed until 6:30, due to “weather in the area of the stadium”.  It’s not raining, but it’s a bit dark.  Looking at the radar, we are right on the edge of it.

Show or no show I will not let this beer go to waste 🫡

• Like 2