Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

24 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I hoping for a SCV surprise. I don't think they will win but scoring wise in the mix. And the new ending is my fav. ending of a corp this year. 

I absolutely believe SCV can overtake Crown. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Here we go. SMDH. 

It's funny cause several years back, some people whined and cried because BD performed more than anyone else, so they were getting more time in front of the judges. Now it's less time in front of the judges with more rehearsal time. 

I see some getting warmed up for next Saturday night when/if BD wins.

Along with the ABBD crowd; there's also a pretty good group of ABBS that has gathered. The struggle is real to be "Blue," this year. :laugh:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Agree! Vanguard has a higher ceiling with their production. Now we will see what they decide to do with it. 

Santa Clara has that blank canvas to work with. This show has really grown on me and now with the new beautiful ending I'm all there. I admire them for sticking to their concept and the new ending embraces that. No big bang company front needed. 

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, dureau said:

It’s actually annoying that the Blue Devils continue to win due to a lack of parity in DCI. How come Blue Devils are not performing this coming week until Indianapolis? They rehearse more then they perform. Everyone else is performing this week. 

Because that's the way they chose to schedule their season. Cadets didn't start until a week later than everyone else in their current tier. How's that any different?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Because that's the way they chose to schedule their season. Cadets didn't start until a week later than everyone else in their current tier. How's that any different?

It's not any different. And that should not be an issue on how many shows one has to perform especially corps that have to travel across country and other can just do half of that but who's complaining...

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Santa Clara has that blank canvas to work with. This show has really grown on me and now with the new beautiful ending I'm all there. I admire them for sticking to their concept and the new ending embraces that. No big bang company front needed. 

Agreed. Show did nothing for me early on but i like it more each time i see it. 

• Like 4

Well not as much drama tonight after we now know that Devs are cruising to an undefeated 20th DCI championship - After last nights confrontation between BD and BAC we know that BAC has a great show this year but the cream separates to the top and it's clear BD has the content.

The storyline tonight is Blue Stars vs. Cadets - can the Blue Stars narrow the large gap between 6th place island and the 7th place atoll?

Do Cavaliers unveil something incredible and barge into the 6th/7th conversation?

Vanguard is Zen - so I predict a stable throw down of yoga moves and drum features.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tedrick said:

Well not as much drama tonight after we now know that Devs are cruising to an undefeated 20th DCI championship - After last nights confrontation between BD and BAC we know that BAC has a great show this year but the cream separates to the top and it's clear BD has the content.

The storyline tonight is Blue Stars vs. Cadets - can the Blue Stars narrow the large gap between 6th place island and the 7th place atoll?

Do Cavaliers unveil something incredible and barge into the 6th/7th conversation?

Vanguard is Zen - so I predict a stable throw down of yoga moves and drum features.

I’m not so sure we know BD is off to a 20th championship. It’s not out of the realm of possibility, but last night we did not see the BAC show that people saw in Glassboro a few nights ago.