Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

6 hours ago, henry7184 said:

We're talking about two different things. Yes, DCI said it's a single regional. That still doesn't mean Crown is ahead of Boston and Bluecoats or beat Boston and Bluecoats at Allentown. They performed yesterday and were compared to BD. Crown performed today and was compared to Cadets and Vanguard. Case in point - 2019. Crown never beat Vanguard head-to-head yet they outscored them at Allentown.

I don't care if God says it's so, it ain't so. It's impossible for any judge to judge a set of corps one night comparing them to a set of different corps from the night before.

But they just did…

9 hours ago, Brian Porter-Szucs said:

Crown might be cheesy, but fans respond really well to the show in person. The heads-sticking-out-of-the-tarp thing always gets a great reaction.

We call it ‘Whack a Crownie’ you play at home on your TV screen too with a nerf hammer. They stand still and play for over a minute under fabric. We have a blast 💥 with it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Unfortunately my wife and I are just attending Open Class Finals Monday and Tuesday. We are flying back home Wednesday. Wife has to work Thursday and Friday. 

Currently sitting in DFW airport on a 2 hour layover lol. We will be Indy around noon. 

I know Jim is a military man so it would be awesome to meet him one of these days, along with quite a few DCPers. You guys are like extended family lol. 

Dear Mrs Chief Guns,

Please let Chiefy stay and play with all of his drum corps friends. He will also be missing the annual national ABBD conference. They were hoping the Chief would give a keynote address.

Thank you very much for considering our request.

Sincerely,.                                                       

FOCG (friends of chief guns)

and        

FODCP

Edited by Barneveld
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Why is that weird?  Averages protect against using one score they may be out of line in one show from the rest of the season.  They've been doing it this way for years.

To me, the argument isn't "one show." It's that Allentown is split into two nights. If Allentown wasn't split, then Allentown results should exclusively be used. 

Theoretically, a lot could happen between San Antonio and finals week. That was two weeks ago during a seven-week season. Also, Atlanta wasn't truly a regional this year. I think there are good arguments for not averaging, but it's not the end of the world.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Dear Mrs Chief Guns,

Please let Chiefy stay and play with all of his drum corps friends. He will also be missing the annual national ABBD conference. They were hoping the Chief would give a keynote address.

Thank you very much for considering our request.

Sincerely,.                                                       

FOCG (friends of chief guns)

and        

FODCP

She said no because I didn't clean my room and eat my broccoli. LMAO. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Why is that weird?  Averages protect against using one score they may be out of line in one show from the rest of the season.  They've been doing it this way for years.

None of the other shows use an average and it doesn’t account for surging groups. I see your point, but I’d prefer it the other way.

4 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Just tell her you'll leave the check book and plastic with her to use as she pleases, if she lets you go.🤣

I think she has nightmares from the last time she left me alone in a city with friends. Just think of Al Bundy and his NO MAAM Crew. LMAO. I tried telling her it wasn't that bad. She said the bail money says otherwise. LMAO. 

• Haha 2