Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

16 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Can’t tell you how sad it makes me that BK could very likely miss finals this season. Hopefully they can pull it together and come back roaring next season to take their place where they belong. Design was a huge let down this year.

Yes, I feel like Covid hit a couple corps very hard - there was about two months in April/May 2000 that Blue Knights had folded. They have done quite well considering the dire situation. Donations and PPP money helped!

Edited by George Dixon
spelling

13 hours ago, MadScout80 said:

I can’t tell if those are really Mobius strips or not

I walked past the equipment truck before the show.  They definitely are.

32 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I agree, love Cadets use of body this year, especially in moments where you don’t expect it. 

Yup - they were always uncomfortable with body. I'm glad they've taken a more "balanced approach" to visual design - much less taxing on members' bodies. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Unfortunately my wife and I are just attending Open Class Finals Monday and Tuesday. We are flying back home Wednesday. Wife has to work Thursday and Friday. 

Currently sitting in DFW airport on a 2 hour layover lol. We will be Indy around noon. 

I know Jim is a military man so it would be awesome to meet him one of these days, along with quite a few DCPers. You guys are like extended family lol. 

Safe trip!  Best to Gold!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Safe trip!  Best to Gold!

Thanks Brother! Much appreciated! Just landed in Indy. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

I’m going to have to eat my words a bit. But before I do, I don’t think judging 24 hours apart is an accurate indicator between 2 groups. That being said…

Judges 100% were comparing the groups on both nights. If you look at each judge’s scores, they never repeated a score in content or achievement between 2 nights. They were clearly intending for their scores to be an accurate representation to compare both nights.

But again, I don’t think it’s accurate, and you’re technically judging 1 group that had 24 hours more to practice.

The scores ARE meant to be compared between nights, period. Crown is currently in 2nd place. The weather conditions were very different, but the scores are still very much valid

• Like 5

12 hours ago, henry7184 said:

There is not. Good grief, we say it for a reason. You cannot compare scores from different nights. It doesn't matter if the judging panel is the same. Everything else is different. They are comparing different corps, which leads them to their numbers. They cannot compare BD last night to Crown tonight. It's entirely impossible. There has never been any type of doctrine set at Allentown and it's absurd to claim so.

I’m sorry but you’re simply incorrect on this 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

...which is a pretty weird rule, if you ask me.

If I squint I can see the rationale: an average minimizes the effect of an outlier score at Allentown. But the same math also penalizes a corps that has put it together during the past 1-2 weeks and is legitimately rising.

That said, I have every confidence Troop will lay it down on Thursday and let the chips fall. If you're BK (I love BK!), do you want to follow Troopers on Thursday night?

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Unfortunately my wife and I are just attending Open Class Finals Monday and Tuesday. We are flying back home Wednesday. Wife has to work Thursday and Friday. 

Currently sitting in DFW airport on a 2 hour layover lol. We will be Indy around noon. 

I know Jim is a military man so it would be awesome to meet him one of these days, along with quite a few DCPers. You guys are like extended family lol. 

Safe trips and have a blast

• Thanks 1