Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

Looking forward to seeing the battle between Blue Stars and Cadets tonight. At their last show (at different shows) Blue Stars scored 90.7, Cadets 90.45.  Can Blue Stars come out on top tonight or keep it very close going into finals week?

Also interested to see what the Cavaliers score. Do they maintain their essentially 1 pt. lead over the Mandarins and Phantom??

Edited by brians

1 hour ago, denverjohn said:

Run & gun drill > Props

I'm down with most of the "modern" additions to drum corps, but I agree with this.

Standing still (or climbing or whatever) on a prop is exactly the same as standing still on the grass.  NO VISUAL CREDIT.  But alas I am now officially an old fart I guess.

869gy9L.png

2 hours ago, denverjohn said:

Run & gun drill > Props

Anything done well > anything done not well.

Give me innovative props used well over poorly executed run and gun drill.

Give me clean effective run and gun drill over poorly built and not well used props.

This isn't rocket science...

Z

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

And BD by their standards had an off night too. It's not like they were on fire last night either. Even the majority of us BD honks weren't pleased with last night's run. 

Looking at the scores over the last two weeks, Atlanta (to this point) appears to be the anomaly. 

We will see moving forward. 

ya, this. 

But I also love a season where we enter finals week and have yet to see anyone max out their show — I think a few corps have the design to squeeze out a win if the performance is truly next level. I think a few WILL be next level at the end of finals week. I think the top 3-4 will all give performances which, even if they don’t win this year, could have won in another year. It’s a strong year! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MikeZ said:

Anything done well > anything done not well.

Give me innovative props used well over poorly executed run and gun drill.

Give me clean effective run and gun drill over poorly built and not well used props.

This isn't rocket science...

Z

False equivalency.  Just saying’.  

• Confused 1