Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

6 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I hoping for a SCV surprise. I don't think they will win but scoring wise in the mix. And the new ending is my fav. ending of a corp this year. 

Except for the extremely noisy props as they get jostled to the center of the field. Not too audible on Flo, very audible in person. Ruins the moment 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brians said:

No, Im looking in the right direction..... clearly straight ahead.  Im not looking in the back seat for anyone or anything... The only thing you get when distracted with something in the back seat and not keeping  your eyes on the road ahead of you is an accident/crash!!!!!!!!!   Good luck to the Cavies, hope they are able to hold their own and come out on top of the Mandarin, Phantom,  Cavies battle.

There is no phantom / mandarin  vs cavies battle. Cavies have been going straight up in score since they missed 10 days due to COVID hitting 30 members and did not compete. So did Phantom. After that. They have had to fight upward. And it’s still progressing. But three is no battle. Except veteen phantom and mandarins . 

11 minutes ago, dureau said:

No one hates period. DCI is the problem not the players. But it’s still not hate, it’s constructive criticism of DCI regardless of who makes the rules of the game. Which is the corp leaders not gathering corp members.

The corps are DCI. They create and agree to all the rules that are in place. If the “have nots” want something changed, they likely have the numbers to do so

• Like 1

Friday food report - decent clam chowder at the Coopersburg Diner, slice of cheese pizza at Charlie K’s at the Farmer’s Market on Chew behind the stadium, slice of key lime pie at Ham Fam, and a hot dog combo (included chips and drink) at stadium.

Several Friday night stadium guests enjoyed funnel cakes.

Saturday food report - breakfast at the Flint Farm outside Allentown with Connecticut residents Ken and Colleen. Bacon, eggs to order, potatoes, hot coffee, very fresh milk from the cows on property - all from chef in farmhouse kitchen.

Connecticut Ken played for the Cadets of Bergen County. He had a mello solo in 1989’s Les Miz.

Also Saturday: Yucco’s hotdog, a Sante Fe salad at the Hometown Diner on route 222, then a return to the Allentown Farmer’s Market for lemonade and banana pudding. I LOVE Saturday afternoons at the market between 4 and 6 as it’s a weekly clearance sale on produce and baked goods.

The Farmer’s Market is open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Sunday food report - the forecast is farmhouse pancakes.

Edited by DeanInChicago
digestion
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

It’s the game all the organizations agreed and chose to play. Don’t hate the players, hate the game! 

That sounds like what a pimp would say... lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Friday food report - decent clam chowder at the Coopersburg Diner, slice of cheese pizza at Charlie K’s at the Farmer’s Market on Chew behind the stadium, slice of key lime pie at Ham Fam, and a hot dog combo (included chips and drink) at stadium.

Several Friday night stadium guests enjoyed funnel cakes.

Saturday food report - breakfast at the Flint Farm outside Allentown with Connecticut residents Ken and Colleen. Bacon, eggs to order, potatoes, hot coffee, very fresh milk from the cows on property - all from chef in farmhouse kitchen.

Connecticut Ken played for the Cadets of Bergen County. He had a mello solo in 1989’s Les Miz.

Also Saturday: Yucco’s hotdog, a Sante Fe salad at the Hometown Diner on route 222, then a return to the Allentown Farmer’s Market for lemonade and banana pudding. I LOVE Saturday afternoons at the market between 4 and 6 as it’s a weekly clearance sale on produce and baked goods.

The Farmer’s Market is open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Sunday food report - the forecast is farmhouse pancakes.

this is the content i’m here for

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dureau said:

It’s actually annoying that the Blue Devils continue to win due to a lack of parity in DCI. How come Blue Devils are not performing this coming week until Indianapolis? They rehearse more then they perform. Everyone else is performing this week. 

Feel like we should be incentivizing more of this, not less, lol. Would be perfectly happy with every other corps incentivizing rest and rehearsal time like BD and the other corps doing the same. Matter of fact let’s get REALLY crazy — more free days! More naps! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The corps are DCI. They create and agree to all the rules that are in place. If the “have nots” want something changed, they likely have the numbers to do so

No, the die has been cast. The activity has been captured by one organization, and from many angles.

DCI is the personification of "Strictly Ballroom", imho. No new steps, No Paso Doble... Only use the approved steps...

I would be surprised if any placements change from now until finals.

Blue Devils will win.

Boston will place 2nd.

Cadets will place 6, and Blue Stars will place 7th.

I don't think the Cavaliers have a shot at anything other than 8th. 

The designs have been judged and night to night performance will not change the judges opinions of who wins.  This is pretty different from BOA, which I hope you do attend, Cappy.

49 minutes ago, dureau said:

There is no phantom / mandarin  vs cavies battle. Cavies have been going straight up in score since they missed 10 days due to COVID hitting 30 members and did not compete. So did Phantom. After that. They have had to fight upward. And it’s still progressing. But three is no battle. Except veteen phantom and mandarins . 

Well, everyone else is fighting upward and still progressing as well!!!  Good luck to all!!

• Like 2