Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

4 minutes ago, brassboy said:

The published recaps list Webb as MA for Saturday night (like he was for Friday night). However, at the start of Saturday night’s show the announcer announced a different judge on MA. However, it’s also very possible that they didn’t give the announcer an updated judges list on Saturday night (like how they didn’t give him an updated schedule on Friday night and he almost went to internission). 

Based off of a post by someone else, allentown has become a logistical mess. I felt this way all the way back when I went to allentown almost a decade ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if they messed up the judge’s name. I’m interested to find out where FTP gets their information from, they seem to have been reliable in the past 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Based off of a post by someone else, allentown has become a logistical mess. I felt this way all the way back when I went to allentown almost a decade ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if they messed up the judge’s name. I’m interested to find out where FTP gets their information from, they seem to have been reliable in the past 

When I said “the published recaps” I meant on dci.org. The official recap does actually list Webb for MA on Saturday night. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chaddyt said:

J. Birney Crum Stadium - This venue is officially getting by on nostalgia alone.  The PA system is flat-out terrible.  Make sure you get a program, because that's the only way you'll know who's coming on the field and what their show is.  Don't bother sticking around for scores, because you'll barely hear them.  Seating in the lower premium section (at least in G) is a free for all.  Bleachers have no seat numbers, so folks are (rightfully) getting ###### that there isn't room where the ushers think their seats *should* be.  You're essentially paying top dollar for the show and then have to play the Southwest Airlines game of checking in early to get the best spot.  We bought 6 tickets.  One person had to back out last minute and it was probably for the best because we barely had room for the 5 that did go.

This is a 2-night, regional event.  DCI should be embarrassed.

I agree with this sentiment but unfortunately DCI will likely keep DCI East in Allentown. Partly because there is so much history there and party because of cost I imagine. They could move the show to Giants/Jets stadium in the Meadowlands, but now you are talking about New York/NJ costs and traffic. 

I would not have a problem if they moved the show to Byrd Stadium at the University of Maryland outside of Washington, D.C. or even hold the event in Buffalo, NY. The question would be this: could they get those venues for 2 nights or do they have to get all the corps in on one evening? Cost is another issue. The history of J. Birney Crum is likely the reason they keep using it, but also being able to use the facility for 2 days plays a part. 

I used to enjoy going there for shows, but the stadium does present plenty of problems. 

Lincoln Financial Field in Philly. Not a dome but a great field that SHOULD be gearing up for preseason football. 

Edited by DWW11

Lost our wifi yesterday , so recaps today Ann Cadets are killing it !!

Just now, Onionhead2 said:

Lost our wifi yesterday , so recaps today Ann Cadets are killing it !!

@saxfreq1128  new. yolk. siddy. 

im watching too!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

@saxfreq1128  new. yolk. siddy. 

im watching too!

Ooh ….. look at the beatniks 

• Like 1

My daughter is getting into recap analysis! She loved the Crown app too

• Like 1

Just now, Onionhead2 said:

Ooh ….. look at the beatniks 

The first standing O of the day in our living room

6 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

So where do you want a regional on the east coast...that lovely concrete mess... MetLife Stadium in NJersey? I like the fact with problems that it's a small venue and keep it at that. 95 percent of people have smart phone so no issue who is coming on and what time they are coming out. Not an issue. But love your review of the show...

MetLife plays like a small stadium.  It's really a great venue for marching arts.  BUT it's not cheap.