Finals... Colts, Troopers or both.

Curious since I couldn’t find a more appropriate place to ask this, but when was the last time that we had two corps replace two of the previous year’s (in this case 2019) Finalists? Most years in which I’ve followed the activity have had either just one or none at all.

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Curious since I couldn’t find a more appropriate place to ask this, but when was the last time that we had two corps replace two of the previous year’s (in this case 2019) Finalists? Most years in which I’ve followed the activity have had either just one or none at all.

Wanna say 04.  BK and Glassmen replaced Magic and Spirit.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Wanna say 04.  BK and Glassmen replaced Magic and Spirit.  

Actually, after a quick check, it appears the correct answer is 2008. Blue Stars and Madison replaced Spirit and Colts that year.

But thanks anyway!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Thanks 1

Shades of 2013 for Troop.  They missed finals by .15 that year, the last year they sniffed top 12.

I bring it up because a particular GE judge on that evening in 2013 had a score that was so out of touch with the other three GE judges that it's possible one could point to .15 points in the average.  That same judge is on the panel for this evening.  So.... who knows?  

As others have pointed out, as far as Troop goes and this race for 12th, the difference tonight may very well be the percussion judge.

I will continue to agree with 2muchcoffeeman, finals culture sucks.

Im super excited to see both Colts & Troopers shows tonight and believe we will see both Saturday.  Both should be immensely proud of their seasons regardless on tonight’s results. 

I think Troopers increase the spread tonight.  I wish I had 10 more times to watch that show.  And that new thing the drum major does as the show ends is just FIRE

4 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Someone pointed out 2004, I was thinking 1993 when Colts and Glassmen were new finalist