Finals Week Delusional Optimism

7 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

They changed the sheets and the judging criteria after '14.  Too many people looked at those perfect scores and felt it had been a mistake.

Not true — per this, “there have been no new rules changes implemented for the summer of 2015.”

The changes made to GE that you might be thinking of were implemented for the 2014 season, leading to those perfect 10s. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Granny Smith said:

Somebody "hacks" Crown's barcode on their podiums to link to this masterpiece. 

cackling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

PSA for those attending Indy: I think people should understand that they have a variety of ways to get people to move so they can rightfully take and sit in the seats they paid for. If there’s an usher for that section(there should be, especially with the event being held at an NFL stadium)talk to them and they can get people to move, it’s their job to do so. If these WOEFULLY ENTITLED people are giving the usher a hard time, they can either go to their supervisor or tell those people that they can contact security if they wanna make this a bigger issue than it really should be. At least with the kind individuals that are more self-conscious and confrontation-avoidant, they can hand off the bulk of that confrontation with the stadium staff haha

And the stadium staff will do all they can to help you if you’re nice, they’ll ask for your ticket and theirs which will be clear to them where you’re supposed to be ‘cause mobile tickets have them in bold (section blah, row blah, seat blah) I’ve worked at AT&T stadium in Arlington as an usher and the last event I went to, there were several clumps of people seating in the wrong seats in my section and some people were more argumentative than others but all I had to do was ask them for their ticket and say “you’re not in the right seat, yours is over there!” “If someone else is in your seat I’ll tell them to move too” I never had to call security at least at that time, and everyone was put in their right seat eventually. DONT GIVE UP YOUR SEAT!! TALK TO AN USHER!!

Thanks for the advice, but there’s one huge problem. If you’re at a fast-moving show you have a matter of a couple of minutes to get things resolved. It’s not like you have unlimited time to go through 10 people to get to the aisle, then go up the stairs past people hauling ### to their seats, then find an usher who doesn’t care. They don’t. Been there done that. Trust me on this.

I think the saddest part is that DCI issues these passes, counsel the groups with very specific instructions that they are not to be used to sit in general seating, and people still abuse the situation. Until they put some teeth into the situation, it’s not going to change. The policy should be, any group that issue is a pass to someone that is found violating the rules, should lose privilege of any pass beyond necessary instructional staff.

18 hours ago, Granny Smith said:

Beer is a dollar at Lucas. 

Troopers surge to 11th place.

Somebody "hacks" Crown's barcode on their podiums to link to this masterpiece. 

People throw toilet paper at the end of Regiment's show

Cadets crack top 5.

Laughed ‘til i cried!  Thanks for that!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BDCorno said:

Thanks for the advice, but there’s one huge problem. If you’re at a fast-moving show you have a matter of a couple of minutes to get things resolved. It’s not like you have unlimited time to go through 10 people to get to the aisle, then go up the stairs past people hauling ### to their seats, then find an usher who doesn’t care. They don’t. Been there done that. Trust me on this.

I think the saddest part is that DCI issues these passes, counsel the groups with very specific instructions that they are not to be used to sit in general seating, and people still abuse the situation. Until they put some teeth into the situation, it’s not going to change. The policy should be, any group that issue is a pass to someone that is found violating the rules, should lose privilege of any pass beyond necessary instructional staff.

What you mentioned is definitely important, the fact that there’s only a few minutes between each show to fix these situations(aside from intermission) if I were at Lucas Oil working the event, I’d definitely feel bad about moving back and forth in between the seats while a corps is performing, but it’d be a compromise I’d have to make if I can fix the situation in those 15 or so minutes before the next corps. Ushers are supposed to ask for tickets as one enters the section. I’m not sure if the ushers for DCI finals weekend are DCI volunteers or Lucas Oil staff, but if they don’t care, a supervisor probably will and they’ll contact security. I guess at AT&T stadium things are done a bit differently though haha

i’d say as long as you’ve proven that those seats belong to you, maybe intimidate those snobs a little more and say that you work at stadiums and all you need to do is talk to security and they’ll be removed. A little false power can go a long way too. They don’t wanna leave the venue as much as you do after all, but they will be kicked out if they’re in the wrong seat and refuse to move!

Last little tidbit, DCI finals isn’t nearly the biggest event that NFL stadium staff have to work, especially with all spectators limited to one side of the field so I would say that that Lucas Oil staff has no excuse not to do their job well, but what do I know haha

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

What you mentioned is definitely important, the fact that there’s only a few minutes between each show to fix these situations(aside from intermission) if I were at Lucas Oil working the event, I’d definitely feel bad about moving back and forth in between the seats while a corps is performing, but it’d be a compromise I’d have to make if I can fix the situation in those 15 or so minutes before the next corps. Ushers are supposed to ask for tickets as one enters the section. I’m not sure if the ushers for DCI finals weekend are DCI volunteers or Lucas Oil staff, but if they don’t care, a supervisor probably will and they’ll contact security. I guess at AT&T stadium things are done a bit differently though haha

i’d say as long as you’ve proven that those seats belong to you, maybe intimidate those snobs a little more and say that you work at stadiums and all you need to do is talk to security and they’ll be removed. A little false power can go a long way too. They don’t wanna leave the venue as much as you do after all, but they will be kicked out if they’re in the wrong seat and refuse to move!

Last little tidbit, DCI finals isn’t nearly the biggest event that NFL stadium staff have to work, especially with all spectators limited to one side of the field so I would say that that Lucas Oil staff has no excuse not to do their job well, but what do I know haha

But it’s not 15 minutes between groups, it’s more like five. That’s where the problem lies. Biggest issue is that people with the staff lanyard passes weren’t screened. I mean I get it, to ramp up security to properly screen would cause delays and expense. You would just hope people would be classy and move when requested. These guys were such a holes, when members of my group showed up and claimed their seats, they just moved over into other of our seats. They simply wouldn’t leave. Believe me, I was pretty close to blows with these guys because of their attitude. But in the end, they got their way and got to watch Phantom from seats they didn’t buy. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

But it’s not 15 minutes between groups, it’s more like five. That’s where the problem lies. Biggest issue is that people with the staff lanyard passes weren’t screened. I mean I get it, to ramp up security to properly screen would cause delays and expense. You would just hope people would be classy and move when requested. These guys were such a holes, when members of my group showed up and claimed their seats, they just moved over into other of our seats. They simply wouldn’t leave. Believe me, I was pretty close to blows with these guys because of their attitude. But in the end, they got their way and got to watch Phantom from seats they didn’t buy. 

Oh I know it’s five minutes, im saying that if I were an usher there I’d have to fix the situation if and while a corps is performing, which could be unavoidable if a whole section is filled with poachers. I do feel bad that that happened to y’all though, some people are just awful

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Just shout (using your outdoor voice) “SEAT STEALERS” over and over, pointing at them too so everyone knows who they are.  Just don’t do it during a performance.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Just shout (using your outdoor voice) “SEAT STEALERS” over and over, pointing at them too so everyone knows who they are.  Just don’t do it during a performance.  LOL.

Lol. These guys were total ######. I think it would’ve taken physical removal. Could kick them out during crowns show, could shout “get out of my seats, right here right now!!!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2