Finals Week Delusional Optimism

19 hours ago, wigwam said:

Crown wins, troopers come in second in an amazing finals night come from behind push.   

19 hours ago, Reed said:

What if BD takes Visual and Bloo takes GE (or vice versa)? Then all 5 captions would go to different corps.  That would sure tighten things up...

You just stated what happened in 2019. But 2022 BD is winning GE, brass and back and forth with percussion.

16 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

My delusional hope is for no covid absences during championship week.

congratulations, you just won the internet today 🤸‍♂️

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DWW11 said:

Tempus Blue will score higher than Felliniesque!

Love my Blue Devils, but ain’t gonna happen. It’s a good program this year, but it’s not 2014 by a longshot. 

19 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hardly ever had marching members in my seats.  Usually, it was middle aged men with attitude.  Just sayin’. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah I don’t even get me started with poachers. I had a couple of tickets I got for some very nice ladies that I marched with, they ended up partially sitting elsewhere because somebody was sitting in their seats. They were too polite to challenge the people to get up. Stuff like that really gets my blood boiling.

Same year, had a couple of very snotty gents associated with phantom’s organization just parked themselves in a couple of our seats near the 50 during finals, of all shows. These were peripheral staff pass people, not even ticket holders. They refused to get up and move. Sorry guys, you don’t have a right to a seat just because it’s empty. I can maybe cut some slack at prelims but for semis and finals? Get your own #### ticket. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BDCorno said:

Yeah I don’t even get me started with poachers. I had a couple of tickets I got for some very nice ladies that I marched with, they ended up partially sitting elsewhere because somebody was sitting in their seats. They were too polite to challenge the people to get up. Stuff like that really gets my blood boiling.

Same year, had a couple of very snotty gents associated with phantom’s organization just parked themselves in a couple of our seats near the 50 during finals, of all shows. These were peripheral staff pass people, not even ticket holders. They refused to get up and move. Sorry guys, you don’t have a right to a seat just because it’s empty. I can maybe cut some slack at prelims but for semis and finals? Get your own #### ticket. 

The entitlement of some people is truly shocking...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

My delusional hope is for no covid absences during championship week.

I wonder if there will be a full retreat this year. From the sounds of it, all age-outs will not be on the field together. There may be smaller ceremonies like last year.

25 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The entitlement of some people is truly shocking...

27 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

PSA for those attending Indy: I think people should understand that they have a variety of ways to get people to move so they can rightfully take and sit in the seats they paid for. If there’s an usher for that section(there should be, especially with the event being held at an NFL stadium)talk to them and they can get people to move, it’s their job to do so. If these WOEFULLY ENTITLED people are giving the usher a hard time, they can either go to their supervisor or tell those people that they can contact security if they wanna make this a bigger issue than it really should be. At least with the kind individuals that are more self-conscious and confrontation-avoidant, they can hand off the bulk of that confrontation with the stadium staff haha

And the stadium staff will do all they can to help you if you’re nice, they’ll ask for your ticket and theirs which will be clear to them where you’re supposed to be ‘cause mobile tickets have them in bold (section blah, row blah, seat blah) I’ve worked at AT&T stadium in Arlington as an usher and the last event I went to, there were several clumps of people seating in the wrong seats in my section and some people were more argumentative than others but all I had to do was ask them for their ticket and say “you’re not in the right seat, yours is over there!” “If someone else is in your seat I’ll tell them to move too” I never had to call security at least at that time, and everyone was put in their right seat eventually. DONT GIVE UP YOUR SEAT!! TALK TO AN USHER!!

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

OK, I came up with a delusional scenario that involved road rage by a Bluecoats bus driver, a Star of Indiana color guard alum named Denise Hooper, a two point penalty in semis because of the road rage, and Troopers 79 on steroids. The result? Bloo wins when all five corps above them in semis quit in finals because Bloo threw down the best run of any corps in the fifty year history of DCI. Troopers win the silver and Colts got the bronze for reasons I haven’t hallucinated yet.

'I had this trippy dream...'

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Love my Blue Devils, but ain’t gonna happen. It’s a good program this year, but it’s not 2014 by a longshot. 

That’s why it’s delusional. 

• Like 1