Do NOT miss the Bluecoats Alumni Corps...DO NOT!!!

I watched the rehearsal of the 50th Anniversary Bluecoats Alumni Corps tonight.  I'm not going to give out any of the show secrets, although most will be known tomorrow night after their performance in Akron.

All I'm saying is a NEW STANDARD is being set for Alumni Corps performances at DCI semifinals Friday night.  425 members doing it the Bluecoats way.

If you can come out and see them live tomorrow night you will NOT regret it!!! 

ps the 2022 version of the Bluecoats did a full run tonight for the Alumni Corps.  It was indeed their best run of the year.  Tomorrow night is going to be FUN!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Not a big fan of alumni corps here, but it's the freaking Bluecoats. My favorite group in all of music history. There's no way I can walk away from a Bluecoats performance and not be completely wonderstruck and amazed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

I watched the rehearsal of the 50th Anniversary Bluecoats Alumni Corps tonight.  I'm not going to give out any of the show secrets, although most will be known tomorrow night after their performance in Akron.

All I'm saying is a NEW STANDARD is being set for Alumni Corps performances at DCI semifinals Friday night.  425 members doing it the Bluecoats way.

If you can come out and see them live tomorrow night you will NOT regret it!!! 

ps the 2022 version of the Bluecoats did a full run tonight for the Alumni Corps.  It was indeed their best run of the year.  Tomorrow night is going to be FUN!

Never mind. I should probably have read the entire post.

I love that they’re paying homage to their 50 year history.  Drum Corps history is important despite what “some” people think. And who cares what they think anyway? 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tedrick said:

I'm assuming it will be included on the flo tonight?

Great point. I sure hope you are correct. If Flo indeed stays on through the announcement of scores then that would include showing Bloo Alumni.

425 members divided by what...48,000 SF of space on a football field. That's about a small bedroom size of space per MM to move around. 

Better leave the props at home, Bloo. 

9 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Bold statement looking back at what alumni corps like 27, Star and others have given us in the past, but boy am I hoping you're right.

425. Holy hell. When they get to the big hit in The Boxer you may have frightened neighbors calling 9-1-1.

Edited by Super Don-O
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

425 members divided by what...48,000 SF of space on a football field. That's about a small bedroom size of space per MM to move around. 

Better leave the props at home, Bloo. 

no no no no... what better time to USE folding lawn chairs as props.   or seats.   same thing. 

• Haha 2