Monday, August 8th “DCI Open Class Championship Prelims” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

1 minute ago, SJugster said:

Question regarding Colt Cadets. How can you have so many percussion players but not that many brass? 

Could they not find more quality brass players? Just weird to have such an imbalance Perc to Brass.

Indoor percussion is huge now.  There are always more percussion wanting to march than brass these days.   You'll see this across a lot of the smaller open corps.  Full percussion units and fewer brass.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Said this before, but I'm just blown away by Les Stentors taking their kids all the way to CA to tour from Quebec. That's so giving your kids the fullest possible experience. 

Yeah. They went all in for them this year after the two years off.  Good on them.

2 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Said this before, but I'm just blown away by Les Stentors taking their kids all the way to CA to tour from Quebec. That's so giving your kids the fullest possible experience. 

DCI says it is too hard to have shows in Canada, so we’ll see if Canada lets these guys back in. 

• Like 1

loved the colt cadets show, but i am biased, i know one of the marimba players. also liking this les stentors show! 

• Like 2

Another corps staying within themselves. I like these guys. Nice toe tapping music. 

ok. Les Stentors. I love this show.  you sold me with Concertina and French Singing. 

Edited by C.Holland

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

DCI says it is too hard to have shows in Canada, so we’ll see if Canada lets these guys back in. 

I imagine the logistics of getting corps over the border is a thing. Les Stentors come over and spend the whole time here then go back.  The costs and logistics for getting corps across for one show would probably be a big budget hit.  

Although they could have some corps do a show in Windsor after the Detroit opener easily enough if the entries are worked out.  A Buffalo/Hamilton show would work too if DCI wanted to go back to Buffalo.  

• Like 1

Les Stentors seems to always charm.  Their 2017 show with Can't Help Falling in Love was great.