Monday, August 8th “DCI Open Class Championship Prelims” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

Ok DCP died for me and just came back. I'm apparently the only one though?  I was getting 403 errors then the whole website would simply not load.

Anyway Gold! nice visual additions with the "never fear memories" coming out.  Affirms my hunch about the piano being symbolic of The Giver because he was recognized as "seeing beyond" due to being able to perceive music.

SCVC. Wow!  That is a very Vanguard show in a lot of signature ways.  

Calgary Stampede. HELLO you had me at Firebird.  And winding back to that theme at the end was fantastic.

Can't wait to see all these again!

BTW. Although Akron was a rain out, the Bluecoats alumni is warming up for their performance any minute. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

BTW. Although Akron was a rain out, the Bluecoats alumni is warming up for their performance any minute. 

Have a corps friend from ‘92 SW who’s in that performance (he marched Bluecoats in 95, I think?). If they don’t get to play tonight, they’re also performing Friday night, I think he said. 

Yah they've got the 2022 on for a standstill it seems but not sure if the alumni are coming on after or not.  The announcer was saying something as Flo cut back in.

36 minutes ago, Opti-Burr said:

Their sponsor is the Calgary Stampede and a lot of their staff are former DCI marching members.

DCI staff that went to assist the Calgary Stampede to design the show this year are Keith Potter, Heather Graham, Michael Klesch, Colin McNutt, Ian Hale and Jamie Thompson. All these contributors are extremely proud of the show the Stampede members put on tonight 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spin-it said:

DCI staff that went to assist the Calgary Stampede to design the show this year are Keith Potter, Heather Graham, Michael Klesch, Colin McNutt, Ian Hale and Jamie Thompson. All these contributors are extremely proud of the show the Stampede members put on tonight 🙂

A lot of the instructional staff are from Drum Corps as well. Check out the link I posted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Congrats Guardians! First top-6 finish at Nats ever. Achievement unlocked!

Mike

They've been working on a style all their own and climbing the ranks with it.  Super fun again this year 

• Like 1

Great job by everyone tonight. Congrats to SCVC. They earned it tonight fair and square no excuses. Love seeing the Cali corps go 1,2,3.

On to tomorrow night!! 

Game on!!

GO GET'EM GOLD!!

• Like 1