Monday, August 8th “DCI Cincinnati” RDI Stadium at St. Xavier High School Cincinnati, OHIO

Had to go back and catch SCV after Open Class wrapped up. This show has grown on me so much more than I could have imagined. The more I watch that tag ending the more I appreciate it. It's not just a throw-away 10 second ending; it's a fully developed production entirely on its own. Everybody's always talking about the SCV drumline, but this front ensemble has me completely captivated from the minute I start hearing those bells at the top of the closer all the way through that final note. Can't wait to see this on Saturday night.

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Popped over to Open Class to rewind a bit. Holy Vanguard Cadets! Can’t wait to watch all the corps tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Cadets beat SCV in brass... wow! I guess any hopes of SCV pushing for a medal might be gone. I think they're on a deserted island for 5th.

I don't think The Cadets can catch SCV, but they were only 1.35 behind tonight. 

53 minutes ago, lawdn said:

You’re not alone. I repeat myself but I was amazed hearing them at Stanford preshow standstill, then really let down upon seeing them later that night. I was underwhelmed much of season, but since Atlanta this show reads so much more clearly. They have also had to overcome a bad COVID wave. I am coming to love this more than Babylon.  

In some ways there are less overt gimmicks to this year’s show than Babylon, and it definitely will have a lot of replay value just as a musical program in offseason, can’t say I like it more than Babylon though. although I’m not one expecting SCV to evoke Babylon in every one of their future productions either or go in and tie my enjoyment of a show to if it’s better than *insert iconic show here*. Like many corps I’m very hopeful for what they have planned in the future, and I always enjoy seeing SCV live whenever I can!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I don't think The Cadets can catch SCV, but they were only 1.35 behind tonight. 

It's starting to be within the realm of possible, a week ago I didn't think it possible. Tonight was not the Cadets best run - yet they beat SCV in Visual Proficiency, only out 0.2 in Guard, won brass - it could flip, maybe a 10% chance? A bit of a shock frankly. They've got to cut the gap in percussion = not easy. That was 2/3s of the gap tonight.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 4