Monday, August 8th “DCI Cincinnati” RDI Stadium at St. Xavier High School Cincinnati, OHIO

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I don't think The Cadets can catch SCV, but they were only 1.35 behind tonight. 

that would be the success story of the season besides Boston's very intimidating production. Could you imagine a surge to 5th for the Cadets? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chris ncsu said:

Cadets vs SCV -- closer to 1 point separation or 2 (or 3!)?  Hmm

Answer: closer to 1 point

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It's starting to be within the realm of possible, a week ago I didn't think it possible. Tonight was not the Cadets best run - yet they beat SCV in Visual Proficiency, only out 0.2 in Guard, won brass - it could flip, maybe a 10% chance? A bit of a shock frankly. They've got to cut the gap in percussion = not easy. That was 2/3s of the gap tonight.

It is amazing how far Cadets have come, but you are right...cutting the gap in percussion will be difficult. That's the one thing SCV has and they could win percussion at Finals. And honestly, SCV has a heck of a brass line. Their problem has not been their music ensemble or guard but the overall flow of their show and the lack of GE in regards to the theme or concept they are trying to portray. 

• Like 3

My first time at St X in about 30 years! Nice stadium for drum corps. Parking is a bit of an issue. I thought both Cadets and Vanguard had good runs. Both so much better in person! BK loses me TBH. Liked Troopers better on Flo, but some great moments in that show. 

Going to be a good week in Indy! Safe travels.

Mike

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikekhs said:

My first time at St X in about 30 years! Nice stadium for drum corps. Parking is a bit of an issue. I thought both Cadets and Vanguard had good runs. Both so much better in person! BK loses me TBH. Liked Troopers better on Flo, but some great moments in that show. 

Going to be a good week in Indy! Safe travels.

Mike

I got there at 6:30 and parked way in the back near North Bend rd.  Getting out after was a cluster.

I probably shouldn’t say this but I don’t know how BK is beating Troopers.  We always sit low so I can hear it all down there.  With all due respect, I’m hearing June dirt from their brassline in August. 

• Like 1