Monday, August 8th “DCI Cincinnati” RDI Stadium at St. Xavier High School Cincinnati, OHIO

MC quite strong musically and doing quite nicely overall. It’s another high quality show design. 

Take this with a few grains of salt, but for a corps looking to improve and move up, visual captions often to see the bigger challenge. Lots of young people with terrific musical talent, so if you can recruit them and have good brass and percussion staff, they can improve quickly. My guess is most MMs haven’t had as high a level of instruction on visual - CG may be an exception for some. Finding talented visual teachers allows a corps to take on and master more complex visual content they need to move way up. 

Am I reasoning right in this, or off base?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lawdn said:

MC quite strong musically and doing quite nicely overall. It’s another high quality show design. 

Take this with a few grains of salt, but for a corps looking to improve and move up, visual captions often to see the bigger challenge. Lots of young people with terrific musical talent, so if you can recruit them and have good brass and percussion staff, they can improve quickly. My guess is most MMs haven’t had as high a level of instruction on visual - CG may be an exception for some. Finding talented visual teachers allows a corps to take on and master more complex visual content they need to move way up. 

Am I reasoning right in this, or off base?

Nope, that fits with my point about the props. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This so freakin cool. Best Troopers show in I don't know how many years. I'm totally enchanted.

• Like 5

Just now, CAtenhut said:

Look at Troopers darker show this year... Tim Snyder was Mandarins' former brass head. And they're possibly fighting for a finals spot. 

I would really love them to cut back the brass sound so the kids have something left for the back half

• Like 1