Monday, August 8th “Tournament of Champions” InfoCision Stadium – Summa Field at University of Akron Akron, OHIO

14 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

A 96.6 would be nice, but you are right, it would be an unusually large increase at this point.  I could see a 96.0 though.  Given a rough run (by some in Atown) Friday and extrapolating that number and 2 solid rehearsal days to further add and clean. A 96 would be good.  What is more important is to clearly finish ahead of Crown and Bloo going in to Indy.  It is tight, no question and it sounds like Bloo is cranking on all cylinders right now.  And all the while, BD is vulnerable.  What a week ahead!  Wow!

It may not be that far off. I was at Glassboro on Wednesday where BAC received a 95.2 with a much better run than Allentown, or if not better, at least what I felt was a more enthusiastic run. 

If anything is making me nervous tonight, it’s Bloo.  Bluecoats Alumni’s presence alone will give them a huge boost of momentum. I think we’ll see Boston Crusaders in 1st. followed by Bluecoats and Crown. Cavies will be 4th, Mandarins 5th, Phantom 6th (though I’d love to see Phantom higher). Colts 7th, Pacific Crest 8th.

• Like 1

This close to Thursday, it’s definitely going to be very telling of where we think these top 5 corps are gonna place. The spreads might be further than normal than it would be with a full large judging panel, but Boston is definitely in a good spot if they continue to hold off Crown and Bloo like they have been a majority of the season, can they both make some gains on Crusaders, or maybe even pass them, for sure! It’ll be interesting to see👀

2 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

BAC will win tonight with a score of 96.6.

Glad you think so.  It would be nice.  But a win alone would be really good going in to Indy.  We can hope.  I’m sure the corps appreciates you support.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danby510 said:

Crown already broke 95 Saturday night.   They will break 96 pulling away from Boston and Bloo creating a clear divide going into prelims. Also Boston will lose guard tonight to Crown, predicting this upset first. 

I am not going to say you are wrong because Carolina Crown has definitely begun to peak at the right time and the show definitely has some big GE moments and is quite fan friendly, but I think Boston and Bloo will bring some serious competition. Each show has their strengths for sure. 

5 hours ago, Danby510 said:

Crown already broke 95 Saturday night.   They will break 96 pulling away from Boston and Bloo creating a clear divide going into prelims. Also Boston will lose guard tonight to Crown, predicting this upset first. 

This is FABULOUS!   My new favorite DCP poster 😍

The entire drumcorps is 🔥 right now -- especially that guard.  

Edited by karuna

Sitting at Bloo rehearsal right now…this group is sounding/great - super focused, a couple little new wrinkles tonight, and they have TURNED UP THE VOLUME…gonna get loud tonight. Predicting a tremendous run tonight. 

Very windy scheduled for today and tonight….flags sailing down the field… 🙂

Edited by Maleguena1988
  • Like 1