Monday, August 8th “Tournament of Champions” InfoCision Stadium – Summa Field at University of Akron Akron, OHIO

2 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

Been a GuardFather for 8 years now, and would not miss it for the world. Thanks you!

By chance, given you username, did you march 88 Scouts? If so, do you remember a Chris Smith? Mellophone? He was my college Horn professor. Such a friendly and wise teacher!

13 minutes ago, squarepush said:

By chance, given you username, did you march 88 Scouts? If so, do you remember a Chris Smith? Mellophone? He was my college Horn professor. Such a friendly and wise teacher!

God, I wish…1988 was the year that I experienced my first live shows…SCV Phantom (ver.1), cavvies, BD….and the the most clutch performance I have ever seen live…(my respect to PR 2008…did not see live)…Scouts had arguably the best 5 minutes in DCI history?

Edited by Maleguena1988
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

God, I wish…1988 was the year that I experienced my first live shows…SCV Phantom (ver.1), cavvies, BD….and the the most clutch performance I have ever seen live…(my respect to PR 2008…did not see live)…arguably the best 5 minutes in DCI history?

I had to ask!

All I can base 80s-2000s shows off is what I see and hear from a video. The late 80s in drum corps just have an aura to them as I've gathered. 

Sad. Rain has sure been a spoiler this year. Disappointing for all Bloo alumni and fans. Oh well on to Thursday! Can't wait!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squarepush said:

I had to ask!

All I can base 80s-2000s shows off is what I see and hear from a video. The late 80s in drum corps just have an aura to them as I've gathered. 

It was a grand time for the sport, no doubt…but I am loving where it is headed, too…love the fact we have Keytar and cello solos, along with a great vocalist this year…keep pushing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frank4now said:

Sad. Rain has sure been a spoiler this year. Disappointing for all Bloo alumni and fans. Oh well on to Thursday! Can't wait!

The rain seems to be falling in all the wrong places across the continent given all of the droughts

• Sad 1

Not focusing on not hearing Bloo, Crown or Boston.  Very grateful to have heard Pacific Crest and Phantom Regiment.  🙏

• Like 1