Monday, August 8th “Tournament of Champions” InfoCision Stadium – Summa Field at University of Akron Akron, OHIO

Amazing

Euphonium solo is amazing! That opening full ensemble brass hit by Phantom is just riveting and hair raising. Crowd went nuts after the first tune (as they should). Still a lot of dirt in the brass line, especially in the mellos on chromatic runs, but the music book is a beast. On just sheer excitement no one brings the goosebumps more than Phantom this summer. The ballad was wonderful and the closer was just ON FIRE. Love the changes to some of the visuals. Just an AMAZING show from top to bottom. Regardless of placement (still a lot of dirt in the show) this show and these members will blow the ROOF off of Lucas Oil. Way to go, Phantom Regiment!!! 

My Favorite show this summer!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

This is Regiment's best show in years. I'm so happy for them.

They are not giving up! SUTA!

• Like 4

I love Phantom's show this year (LOVE IT) but seriously regret that they changed the big hit in the slow movement to add all these fancy decrescendos.  That hit was DEVASTATING early in the season, and now its less.  Why did they change it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

Is there a weather issue? I went out of the room as the Colts were approaching and now.....empty!

Looks like it. Radar didn't look good. I was going to buy tickets at the last minute but didn't like the rain odds

Edited by ThePlanets

Is there a weather issue? I went out of the room as the Colts were approaching and now.....empty!

Yes. Evacuated the stadium. Storm supposedly coming in 10 min. It’s dry right now. 

The city of Akron is under a severe thunderstorm warning. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThePlanets said:

Looks like it. Radar didn't look good. I was going to buy tickets at the last minute but didn't like the rain odds

Ditto.