Open Class Gets No Love

I admit I rarely check out the Open Class forum but it's sad to see so many topics with 0 replies. These corps might not be as big, loud, and overall talented as some of the World corps, but they are just as passionate and work their tails off. This year is a 4 corps battle for 1st - 3 CA corps are neck n neck (SCVC and Gold tied in the last show) with the Spartans right in the mix. So I hope people will tune in and show these performers some love on the Prelims topic thread today. 

IT'S OFFICIALLY DCI WEEK, DCP!!!!!! What an amazing season it has been!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I admit I rarely check out the Open Class forum but it's sad to see so many topics with 0 replies. These corps might not be as big, loud, and overall talented as some of the World corps, but they are just as passionate and work their tails off. This year is a 4 corps battle for 1st - 3 CA corps are neck n neck (SCVC and Gold tied in the last show) with the Spartans right in the mix. So I hope people will tune in and show these performers some love on the Prelims topic thread today. 

IT'S OFFICIALLY DCI WEEK, DCP!!!!!! What an amazing season it has been!!

And there are actually more than just 4 or Cali corps in open class that are doing great things.

• Like 2

I don't often check the Open Class forum, but I'm constantly checking the scores and rankings.

My son started off in BDB, they were a fantastic organization, and they will always hold a special place in our house.

Edited by JohnDF
  • Like 3

I'll look over there occasionally, but obviously the traffic is over here. There's quite a bit of Open class talk on this side, at least enough to keep me up on things (special thanks to @Chief Guns)

I don't think it's that no one on this side cares. There's plenty of interest in OC all across the corps spectrum. I plan to watch all of Prelims today, even the little little guys. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'll look over there occasionally, but obviously the traffic is over here. There's quite a bit of Open class talk on this side, at least enough to keep me up on things (special thanks to @Chief Guns)

I don't think it's that no one on this side cares. There's plenty of interest in OC all across the corps spectrum. I plan to watch all of Prelims today, even the little little guys. 

I was in what was considered one of the ‘little guys’.   We used to say we were confident enough players that we didn’t need 75 more members to back us up.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was in what was considered one of the ‘little guys’.   We used to say we were confident enough players that we didn’t need 75 more members to back us up.  

Me too. Although, that confidence got shattered and had to rebound every night when the scores were announced. 

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

Me too. Although, that confidence got shattered and had to rebound every night when the scores were announced. 

We did ok within our peer group.  And then there was the time a judge called it as he saw it & placed our 12-person drum line 0.5 below Phantom (Marty Hurley (sp?) was livid at critique).   And a different season where DCW writer said that we were more entertaining than several DCI finalists.  

• Like 1