Open Class Gets No Love

10 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Oh we are experiencing the weather!!!! We are currently watching Gold rehearse at Davis Park in Anderson Indiana. THE HUMIDITY!!!!! It's so hot I swear the Devil was sitting in the back seat of our rental cat when we left the hotel this morning. 

Yup. Welcome to Indy and it's about as humid as Atlanta was a while back... can't wait to Cheer on Gold tomorrow night!

• Like 3

Why keep discussion threads separate between Open and World Class? This is DrumCorpsPlanet after all. 

By having a singular, “DCP Discussions”, perhaps there would be more posts related to Open Class. 

I’m sure there are other ways to categorize circuit topics than having two distinct page groups. 

Edited by drumcorpsfever

2 hours ago, C.Holland said:

Open class was at its best in Michigan City.  The stadium is awesome, the city, though needing a pressure washer and a hug, is welcoming, and you feel like you get your own run of it.  Which is nice.  

That stadium was the only nice thing about it.  Bad parking, bad food options and so-so hotels. Admittedly just my opinion, but I think the new place is way better.

Mike

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

At a minimum, we shouldn't have separate forums on this site. If someone were to start a BDB topic in the world class forum (where it would get visibility and interest), the next two replies would be

- THIS SHOULD BE IN THE OPEN CLASS FORUM - MODS MOVE THIS NOW

- In before the close

Back in the beginning <checks notes oh my god it was twenty years ago?!?> we were guessing when we structured the forums that D2/3 threads would get buried in the D1 forums.  Honestly, hindsight has shown that combining them these days wouldn't be an issue anymore.  (Note: I have no power to actually *do* this... 🙂  )

Mike

13 minutes ago, MikeN said:

That stadium was the only nice thing about it.  Bad parking, bad food options and so-so hotels. Admittedly just my opinion, but I think the new place is way better.

Mike

im not sure where you stayed, but from a performers/staff view, that was a great drum crops crowd.  the venue is just large enough to feel packed, and even if they didnt follow dci, locals would still turn out.   i think the proximity to the lake helped temper it a bit as well. 

23 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Mike

I got my wallet stolen from the gym when I was in Div III in 1996 so there is that. I do recall the stadium being the only nice thing about that area.

Well, I post a lot of love in the OC forum. It gets tiresome talking to the walls there though. I think one time I responded to my own question a month later.  Then I realized I was talking to myself.  😂

Edited by kkrepps
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

im not sure where you stayed, but from a performers/staff view, that was a great drum crops crowd.  the venue is just large enough to feel packed, and even if they didnt follow dci, locals would still turn out.   i think the proximity to the lake helped temper it a bit as well. 

Can't argue with that part - the stadium/corps part of it was very nice.  Since they had downtown blocked off, the flow through warmups, performance and pack was pretty logical.  No space for trucks, which did suck. 

(I'm also biased due to the Monsoon of 2018. Never stood up to my knees in water in a parking lot before.)

Mike

hard to see them. not a lot of Flo love or DCI love. i'll be watching this week