Open Class Gets No Love

I’m getting my shingrex vax then parking it for semis shortly. 

I love open class finals week there’s often really good shows and they perform their hearts out. Some of the most emotional moments I’ve seen are from open class 

10 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

Here in Auburn Alabama we got one a few months ago. Still don’t know what a butter burger is! 

Go! It's really good brother!

51 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

What does weather look like?

Just got my seats. Overcast, real cloudy, not a weather man, but I would say maybe 40% chance of rain just looking at the clouds. Darn it's humid, well at least to this Cali Kid lol. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

@Chief Guns if you're wandering the parking lot at Wildcat Stadium and you come across the 7th Regiment food truck, say hello to Mrs. Chief Krepps and tell her she's doing a great job. She's probably pretty stressed and tired. Good luck to your son in Gold also!

Dang brother I just read this in my seat lol. I will try to stop tomorrow before entering the stadium for sure!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

All very valid points.

But, when you're the age of OC kids, at least for me, the thrill of playing in the big house where the big dogs run in a major league venue, at least when I was that age, were moments to remember. Throw in cheap tickets and $1 concessions. Make it a party like they do SoundSport and Drum Battle. No clue if LOS has ever even been considered, but having everything in a single venue all week would help more than it hurts IMO. 

cost vs return.  its literally two different ballparks.  plus they'll make more money off a clinic in the stadium mon/tues than OC.   But 8000 pairs of hands clapping in an 70000 seat arena sounds like nothing.  4000 in a small stadium feels like you made impact. 

Div 2/3 finals in the Citrus Bowl was silly.  It was giant empty stadium.  Even though they had a great crowd.  It still doesnt make an impact.  Playing to an empty room stinks no matter the gig. 

Edited by C.Holland
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just got my seats. Overcast, real cloudy, not a weather man, but I would say maybe 40% chance of rain just looking at the clouds. Darn it's humid, well at least to this Cali Kid lol. 

Radar shows Marion just missed a pretty good sized storm to the north headed NW to SE. Looks like nothing behind that at least for the time being. Fingers crossed. 

There’s a show thread on the OC forum for this too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Can't remember who told me to go eat at Culvers once I got to Indiana, maybe it was @Terri Schehr......well the wifey and I just went to the one here in Marion...............thank you so much! Culvers needs to come to California lol. Dang that was good! On our way to the stadium with a full and happy stomach!

Heh Culver’s is a Wisconsin thing but has moved in on Indiana in recent years. 

Make the drive over to Ivanhoe’s for ice cream. The food is meh but the ice cream is legend. 

https://ivanhoes.info

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

There’s a show thread on the OC forum for this too. 

Sorry. You're right. Shifting gears now and turning the wheel.