Open Class Gets No Love

all that said i was able to see the top 8 and the Stampeders tonight...good stuff!

In '18 they decided to have a DM only at OC Finals retreat due to weather.  Sucked, cause the stands were pretty full and I don't know if we'd been a full retreat all season.  Our program coordinator says to me with a wink and a nod "follow me and act like you belong" and just strolled right in all casual-like.  So we saunter on to the sideline so we can see the results.  (And my kid was one of the DM's and I wanted photos.)

What I didn't realize is that while we were talking about this, our corps had lined up behind us.  So while we're trying to ninja our way to the sideline, we were trailing 100+ kids in a giant line.  Subtle...

To their credit, DCI let everyone sit on the sideline against the wall, and the kids did a great job in raising the roof for all of the score announcements.  Definitely made it a party!

Mike