Tuesday, August 9th “DCI Open Class World Championship FINALS” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I think competing in open would have subjected them to the no woodwinds restriction.   Nothing wrong about coming out as you are and popping a 78!  They turned a ton of heads this week and will on Thursday too (presuming they're going on to Indy while down here).   

Build!  It'd be great to see more I in the DCI again.  

They are very much tipping thier foot in the water this year. 

Oh to remove that sock and really compete!

1 minute ago, CAtenhut said:

Congrats, SCVC!!!! What a great season for them. I remember seeing their first show... it was rough and they only had half their show, and they were 5 pts behind Gold and 4 behind BDB, so what an amazing build up to tonight.

I hadn't considered that and you're right. Just like the A corps, their improvement through the year is a remarkable story in itself. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, legacy said:

They are very much tipping thier foot in the water this year. 

Oh to remove that sock and really compete!

The problem is they have daily performance requirements for their sponsor (Calgary Stampede Rodeo) that would preclude their participation in the DCI tour.  

21 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The problem is they have daily performance requirements for their sponsor (Calgary Stampede Rodeo) that would preclude their participation in the DCI tour.  

The Stampede ends July 17.  San Antonio is a week later.  Plenty of time to hop on the DCI tour. The woodwinds already know how to march. Teach them to play brass and let's do this!

Edited by 27Socal

Btal in 7th!!!! so proud of my hometown corps and friends in the corp! a great year for a great group. congrats to SCVC on the win and a big congratulations to all the corps who performed tonight! everyone was great in their own way and did an amazing job. now onto world class!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

Does anyone else get the feeling Gold could be a candidate to jump up to World Class?

Yes,  next logical  choices would be Gold and Spartans,   if they can support it financially.  Vanguard Cadets and BDB also make sense, but i'm not sure that those organizations would want to support 2 touring corps.