Finals Announcer

Do we know if Brandt is announcing in Indy this week? 

It’s not going to feel right if he isn’t. 

9 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

Do we know if Brandt is announcing in Indy this week? 

It’s not going to feel right if he isn’t. 

I hope he is there with someone else. Brandt is not himself anymore. When he announced DCI West, he stumbled over words, misread show descriptions, and butchered over half of the drum major names. As much as I LOVED Brandt in the past, to be honest, the corps deserve better. 

3 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I hope he is there with someone else. Brandt is not himself anymore. When he announced DCI West, he stumbled over words, misread show descriptions, and butchered over half of the drum major names. As much as I LOVED Brandt in the past, to be honest, the corps deserve better. 

As long as it’s not Dan (who I think will most definitely take over for Brandt when he finally quits) I’m okay with that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

As long as it’s not Dan (who I think will most definitely take over for Brandt when he finally quits) I’m okay with that 

You don’t like Dan?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Sounds like my typical day. 

Brandt is human.  I hope he is there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crownisking said:

You don’t like Dan?

I do like Dan. I hate how Dan announces Phantom. My only gripe with him at all 

• Haha 4

I would hope that for the 50th anniversary it would be Brandt Crocker if he is able to do so. Dan Potter, a.k.a Damp Otter would be a good choice as a successor when the time comes. I know there have been a few times he has put his foot in his mouth, but that probably wouldn’t happen with announcing the show. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

Sounds like my typical day. 

Brandt is human.  I hope he is there. 

It was more than just being human and making a few hiccups. Everyone does that, including Damp Otter. Like I said, he stumbled on every corps' program description and couldn't pronounce over half of the dm names. And some weren't even close. I get Brandt needs to be there, but I don't know if he should be the primary announcer. I felt bad for the dm's as I heard name after name get butchered throughout the night. 

Just now, Continental said:

So based on your experience, what is "more than just being human"?

Honestly, I think his age showed he is no longer capable of doing the job well. It was pretty bad. Like I said, I LOVED Brandt over the years, but he's just not himself anymore.