Finals Announcer

3 hours ago, NakedEye said:

The woman who announced the (non-canceled portions) of the Akron show last night was fantastic. I hope they recruit her for more shows in the future. 

She is Kayleigh Kriss, a member of the Bluecoats Board of Directors.  She hosts a radio show in the Canton area and has announced the Bluecoats show for several years...and yes she does a great job.

Another great announce from Ohio is Brad Bell.  He announces several DCI shows and has done the Open Class finals a few times.  

• Like 3

This being the 50th Anniversary of DCI I would hope we get to hear the voice of DCI at finals in some capacity. He is too iconic. When my son marched with SCV, one of his biggest thrills was hearing Brandt Crocker announce his corps in that amazing voice. Maybe Brandt and Dan can tag team it. 

5 hours ago, Continental said:

That response tells me you have never been put aside.  You allude to situations where you think you understand, yet you have never actually faced being put aside. 

i have. i welcomed it a few months later when i realized it was best for me. best thing that happened to me in several ways in the long run. 

i adore Mr. Crocker and his contributions. i only ever marched DCA, but we did the exhibition in 96 at semis, and hearing his voice announce was a dream.

Edited by Jeff Ream

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I loved it when they got our name wrong. Surprise face-melting is a sweet revenge.

It kinda felt like DCI found some random Georgia State J School student at the last minute. He didn’t sound super comfortable behind the mic and I’m willing to bet he didn’t even know what a drum corps was at the beginning of the summer. Poor guy. 

• Like 1