Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

hoping for better brass next year from all top corps, but they've all gotten so much better over the past few weeks.  it's been so long since any of these performers have had to play like this, so i'm amazed by what they've accomplished.

hoping nobody faints from the upcoming score announcement.  i think there will be some tears, lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

1. BD (it’s just how it goes)

2. Boston

3. Bloo (may be punished for audio problems)

4. Crown

5. SCV

6. Cadets 

7. Blue Stars

8. Phantom

9. Mandarins

Flip Regiment and Mandarins (and maybe Crown and Bluecoats) and we are in agreement. Oh wait, you forgot Cavies.

8. Cavies

9. Mandarins

10. Regiment

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 3

How is it possible for Blue Devils to win when they chose to not wear white pajamas? Don't they know!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, fanman said:

BD guard killed it. Audience reaction to BD at the end seemed muted. I know my preferred outcome on overall place,wants. We will see! 

I thought audience reaction to Crown was kinda muted as well. Who knows.

• Like 2

So like…

BD has the best overall production. Crusaders might be the cleanest. Crown has the best crowd engagement. Bluecoats have the most unique show. Vanguard has the best percussion book (and hornline choreography).

What a freakin year. Results are interesting, but it really doesn’t matter to me anymore. That was a treat! My favorite year of DCI since 2016.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Granny Smith said:

Does wearing a khaki skirt and forest green polo during prelims qualify me? Maybe not, but I'm just not seeing/hearing it. Yeah, it's a great show, but I would put BD in 4th place.

Don’t ever change Granny- you’re perfect the way you are

• Like 3

Boston can win Gold if they take guard and drums- but they have to be right there in GE 

• Like 1