Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

7 hours ago, Logan Dingus said:

A show that renders polite golf claps from it’s audience wins GE. What a world.

Golf claps weren’t what I heard in Atlanta! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, craiga said:

Congratulations to the Boston Crusaders tonight for a job well done!

Also Congratulations to the Blue Devils on another victory!

Someone the other day was talking about crowd "shout out" at reshow.  Did anyone else hear the shout out for Vanguard Cadets last night?

"Do it up Vanguard" was yelled prior to SCV Cadets performance.  And I thought it was kind of funny... 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

What a night. Boston was on fire. Some inconsistencies in the music and visual captions tonight based on the trends from the last couple of weeks. Hopefully a different panel tomorrow will bring those back to the mean.

Amazing run by the Cadets, my wife was in tears, They are Back!

Flo sure f-ed up Bluecoats run, surely some sort of interference on the speaker mics, Bluecoats have bought 4 keytars it seems. 

Congratulations, you just basically wished for slotting by asking the judges to bring things back to the “average”

and then when BD inevitably wins, people will scream “slotting! The judging is rigged!”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dmiggles said:

Hats off to BD’s drum set player. He’s amazing!! 

I watched BD rehearse on Wednesday and the drumset player is incredible and he takes feedback from the staff and implements it like a champ 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ashontheinternet said:

this isn't a huge issue here, but i have seen it in other places such as youtube and instagram comments, but why is it that whenever a judge gives unfavorable scores to a persons favorite corps that the judges are wrong? like i saw multiple people tonight say the the perc judge was bad because BAC was in 4th and not first. i found it really funny when i noticed one person saying that Bloo's perc book is "mid" only to find out that person plays saxophone. the audacity of some people truly is appaling.

People are just saying the quiet part out loud. They WANT slotting, but only if it favors their favorite corps 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ediker said:

I don’t think it’s hate. Blue Devils are excellent. Though in the last 10+ years, if you’ve seen one BD show, you’ve seen them all. Great productions, but it also feels like another variation of the same two or three ideas. The other top corps come out with completely different concepts and styles each year. Leaving before Blue Devils doesn’t feel as tragic as missing Bluecoats or Crown. 

Lol

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, craiga said:

Did somebody actually boo the Blue Devils' performance last night?  While that would be a classless act, it also makes no sense because they are a great drum corps. 

Yes, I had 6 friends from Freelancers sitting in the stands together and there were some boos after BD performed,  They looked in the direction of the boo birds, but they had no tshirts or corps merch on to know who they loved or why they booed.  That stuff is not necessary.  I asked if they were sure this was not right after the scores were released, but they said no after BD's final notes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Ashontheinternet said:

this isn't a huge issue here, but i have seen it in other places such as youtube and instagram comments, but why is it that whenever a judge gives unfavorable scores to a persons favorite corps that the judges are wrong? like i saw multiple people tonight say the the perc judge was bad because BAC was in 4th and not first. i found it really funny when i noticed one person saying that Bloo's perc book is "mid" only to find out that person plays saxophone. the audacity of some people truly is appaling.

Sorry i replied to wrong post..

Yes it's the same every year. It's gotten so old to me now. They cry foul against BD all the time, but it's a pass for ever other corps especially their faves. I get tired of even giving them attention, but on the other hand they make competition even sweeter. they've been sweetening those tears LOL.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ediker said:

I don’t think it’s hate. Blue Devils are excellent. Though in the last 10+ years, if you’ve seen one BD show, you’ve seen them all. Great productions, but it also feels like another variation of the same two or three ideas. The other top corps come out with completely different concepts and styles each year. Leaving before Blue Devils doesn’t feel as tragic as missing Bluecoats or Crown. 

LOL, I guess you must be blind and deaf.

• Like 3