Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

There are plenty of BD fans who think this way. Certainly not all. Plenty of BD fans relish “drinking the tears” of their competition. Personally I find it pathetic. But whatever.

I relish drinking the tears of those who make it their hobby to share their lazy and hateful takes on the Blue Devils. You know, the same old “they only care about the sheets,” “the corps only cares about rings,” “they pay off the judges,” “they have the same show every year” etc etc. 

Otherwise, I truly couldn’t care less

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Well as far as strawman arguments go, that’s certainly one of them. 

Do I think people are fooling themselves when they say they don’t care whether their corps wins or not? Absolutely. It’s a competitive activity. If you aren’t deriving some joy from positive competitive results, then what are you doing? 

Do I think it’s pathetic and silly for fans to enjoy the activity even when their favorite corps doesn’t win the gold? Absolutely not. To say that any BD fans thinks in such a way is a pretty gross mischaracterization. But mischaracterizations seem to be par for the course for those who aren’t a fan of BD’s style 

He said for “many” BD fans, not all or even most BD fans.  And based on years of reading posts by BD fans, I think his statement is on completely solid ground.  To call it a gross mischaracterization amounts to gaslighting.  Stick to ghostlighting.  

• Thanks 1

can yall please move over to the semifinals thread 😭 what the hell. i was wondering where everyone was

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

There are plenty of BD fans who think this way. Certainly not all. Plenty of BD fans relish “drinking the tears” of their competition. Personally I find it pathetic. But whatever.

Personally I don't relish in drinking the tears of BDs competition. 

I relish in drinking the tears of people who come on this forum and make up lies, contradictions, double standards etc about BD. 

For me, that's a big difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Is it me or is the crowd a lot quieter today? Did they change the mixing?

We saw the show in the movie theater, and the audio was not good, to put it mildly. 

Worst we've experienced in the years we've attended the Thursday theater event. 

16 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

We saw the show in the movie theater, and the audio was not good, to put it mildly. 

Worst we've experienced in the years we've attended the Thursday theater event. 

My first theater event was the Preview show on in route to the Muncie show.  It just wasn't loud enough.

I thought it would be comparable to a, shall we say, movie?  Won't attend the theater event in the future.