Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

2 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

DYK... First time that a drum corps show has been designed around crumpled up construction paper

For all the attention that BD gives to every aspect of their show, I can't believe they are sticking with those things!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

Not the best run for soloists tonight.

Still proud of this corps though!

I feel like I’ve gotten plenty of this from BD soloists in recent years. I might be crazy, but it just seems like their chops are shot. Can we take some reps off soloists for finals week or something? They were more consistent at the beginning of the year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

I don’t think BD should take guard over Boston, but it always shocks me that nobody loves on their sabers. They’re ridiculous. BD is certainly down in content for rifle compared to the competition.

I'd even put Crown over BD in guard tonight.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Reed said:

That’s my boy playing those crotales with SCV!

hell ya, you must be proud

• Like 2

Would I love to see a Boston victory come Saturday? Of Course!

Will that happen if BD keeps performing like THAT across the board? Probably not.

Edited by ediblewaffles

Just now, Cop said:

I'd even put Crown over BD in guard tonight.  

I don’t agree, but it’s certainly in the realm of possibilities.

• Like 2

The BLUE DEVILS were ON FIRE! The whole show just oozes professionalism and the highest levels of performance. Moon River was just stunning tonight. STUNNING! Brass was on fire. Percussion was on fire. And my gosh that pit is amazing. The drum set player is just incredible. The colors and moods and constant changing of grooves and tempos is stunning when you really dig into their overall music book. 

Visually they are on a different level than most. The ending of the show works so much better now. I think there is a little spread between them and Boston. My guess is BD took high brass, visual and GE, and they may be 2nd in guard and 2nd in percussion. But when you are 1 or 2 across the board it's a no brainer. They really are stunning! 

• Like 8