Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

I think BD and Boston are a lock for top 2. The battle for bronze is exciting, as well as 7th between BS and Cavies, 9th between Phantom and Mandarins, and those last two finals spots. I know people must be freakin' out right now seeing Troopers in that 12th spot. I think as long as they have a decent show tomorrow, that 12th spot is theirs cuz looking at the recaps, I think 2 judges gave Crossmen huge gifts tonight (10th in GE and 8th in brass??????). The Blue Knights are in trouble and need to perform their best show tomorrow to have a shot. My guess is Colts and Troopers will be performing Saturday!!! 

Great night of shows!! Can't wait for tomorrow!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Logan Dingus said:

Equating mild difference of opinion to hatred was so 2010. 

“A show that renders polite golf claps”

Argue over semantics as much as you’d like, hate versus “difference of opinion”

I don’t know, I am not a huge fan of some corps shows, but that comment rubs me the wrong way. I don’t know. I guess we just have a difference of opinion, here. Carry on.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this.

In my humble opinion (I BEG YOU to take this with a grain of salt:)

This is my favorite Cadets show of all time.

Angels and Demons would like a word with you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I think BD and Boston are a lock for top 2. The battle for bronze is exciting, as well as 7th between BS and Cavies, 9th between Phantom and Mandarins, and those last two finals spots. I know people must be freakin' out right now seeing Troopers in that 12th spot. I think as long as they have a decent show tomorrow, that 12th spot is theirs cuz looking at the recaps, I think 2 judges gave Crossmen huge gifts tonight (10th in GE and 8th in brass??????). The Blue Knights are in trouble and need to perform their best show tomorrow to have a shot. My guess is Colts and Troopers will be performing Saturday!!! 

Great night of shows!! Can't wait for tomorrow!

I think we have all seen that BK has been I'm trouble all season long. Such a head scratch for me... 

As for the top we need new blood and if old blood wins its time for a sabbatical for me. I just can't see it ... it's the same as it ever was... I'm done with it winning while being so cocky and unappealing to me.

Not in any case to downplay the work being done there at all. They are a fantastic corps. I just wish they'd give us something new to win with is all. 

Clearly they know they don't have to do that. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sorry to take away from the top three discussions, but Phantom and Mandarins both got screwed over hard in the music subcaptions. I mean, 10th and 12th respectively? If someone was there live and can attest to this, be my guest, but these scores are totally contrary to everything that’s happened this season. 

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

and the response to Blue Devils was hardly muted, especially during “Moon River” which merited a standing “o.”

Nope sorry man I don't believe you. I know you was there live in person, but someone here on DCP said it was golf claps for BD. And I always believe what is said on DCP over people that were actually there. 

Sarcasm off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Blue Knights are in trouble.  Too many 14's and 15's in their row.

16 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I'm pretty confused by the sudden shift in scores myself.

Can someone smarter at drums than me please halp?

Idk what's confusing because BD has beaten SCV a couple times this season already. So people saying they shouldn't be at the top also probably ignore the front. That snare feature at the beginning was🤌

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Yeah, looking at the recap I just don't see a path for BD to lose. Won everything but VP and Guard. Just not beatable. How exciting for Boston - highest placement and highest score ever.

Congrats to Bloo for that VP win👀Thinking in caption awards, even if SCV win percussion the other two nights, they have a “ton” of spread to make up(at least .3 in the next two days, having to beat BD .15 a night) BD might’ve locked up another caption just tonight, Bloo has to beat BD in percussion with a smaller spread to make up so that’ll be interesting to see if they are able to continue battling BD for that. Boston, Crown and Bloo are beating each other up a good amount, which is fun to see, I’m very curious how the judge’s opinions either push more in Boston’s favor, or tether them even closer to Crown and Bloo

BD lead in brass by .1(Crown in 2nd)

Boston lead in guard by .2(BD in 2nd)

BD lead in percussion by .1(Bloo in 2nd)

BD lead GE by .475(Boston in 2nd)

BD lead Visual by .1(Boston in 2nd)

And that’s the snap on CAPTION awards standings wooooo

Edited by Vidal28Rdg