Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, legacy said:

I think we have all seen that BK has been I'm trouble all season long. Such a head scratch for me... 

As for the top we need new blood and if old blood wins its time for a sabbatical for me. I just can't see it ... it's the same as it ever was... I'm done with it winning while being so cocky and unappealing to me.

Not in any case to downplay the work being done there at all. They are a fantastic corps. I just wish they'd give us something new to win with is all. 

Clearly they know they don't have to do that. 

If you stop supporting drum corps because you don't like the corps that wins, your priorities are all screwed up... sorry. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

“A show that renders polite golf claps”

Argue over semantics as much as you’d like, hate versus “difference of opinion”

I don’t know, I am not a huge fan of some corps shows, but that comment rubs me the wrong way. I don’t know. I guess we just have a difference of opinion, here. Carry on.

If a random stranger making a half-sarcastic joke at the expense of your favorite summer marching band is the worst part of your day, it’ll be alright.

• Haha 1

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Idk what's confusing because BD has beaten SCV a couple times this season already. So people saying they shouldn't be at the top also probably ignore the front. That snare feature at the beginning was🤌

More than a couple times I think, but I don’t think a “more favorable” SCV judging opinion will even be enough for them with how large a spread(this late in the season) SCV has to make up in that caption for both nights. BD would have to drop to at least 3rd place both nights and SCV win the next two nights for them to have a shot at the Sanford now

5 minutes ago, legacy said:

I think we have all seen that BK has been I'm trouble all season long. Such a head scratch for me... 

As for the top we need new blood and if old blood wins its time for a sabbatical for me. I just can't see it ... it's the same as it ever was... I'm done with it winning while being so cocky and unappealing to me.

Not in any case to downplay the work being done there at all. They are a fantastic corps. I just wish they'd give us something new to win with is all. 

Clearly they know they don't have to do that. 

There isn’t a single corps in the top 5 that isn’t adhering to a familiar formula of some kind, as far as the staffs in question are concerned.

I think it’s too bad people think BD isn’t doing anything new, but I won’t try to convince anyone. It’s just hard to not even the scales and reply with all the past shows that their favorite corps’ show reminds me of.  Personally, it’s not a huge factor for me — I think claims of any corps repeating themselves are pretty exaggerated no matter who we’re talking about. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Atta baby Cavaliers... Bluestars, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. Maybe my PopcornEater Syndrome is finally cured by actually figuring this out! 

Great performance tonight. Can’t believe how much better the guard has become the last two weeks. I just wish the staff had figured out the last minute of the show and the soft ending. Standing on the sideline in a straight line just isn’t doing it for crowd reaction.

• Like 1

What a night. Boston was on fire. Some inconsistencies in the music and visual captions tonight based on the trends from the last couple of weeks. Hopefully a different panel tomorrow will bring those back to the mean.

Amazing run by the Cadets, my wife was in tears, They are Back!

Flo sure f-ed up Bluecoats run, surely some sort of interference on the speaker mics, Bluecoats have bought 4 keytars it seems. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Sorry to take away from the top three discussions, but Phantom and Mandarins both got screwed over hard in the music subcaptions. I mean, 10th and 12th respectively? If someone was there live and can attest to this, be my guest, but these scores are totally contrary to everything that’s happened this season. 

They’ll be better off as they’re not seperated by both sides of the intermission on finals night. I fully expect both corps to close in at least a bit to Cavies and BS

• Like 1

With Bluecoats having pretty much a disastrous electronics mishap, and still beating Crown—you have to be optimistic if they can put it together now. Figure out what happened with the keytar and the center mic, and make a run at Silver.

• Like 4

Just now, Glenn426 said:

What a night. Boston was on fire. Some inconsistencies in the music and visual captions tonight based on the trends from the last couple of weeks. Hopefully a different panel tomorrow will bring those back to the mean.

Amazing run by the Cadets, my wife was in tears, They are Back!

Flo sure f-ed up Bluecoats run, surely some sort of interference on the speaker mics, Bluecoats have bought 4 keytars it seems. 

That speaker was bad for a lot of corps. Not sure if it was a bad speaker or mic, but whatever it was, it better be fixed for tomorrow.